Game Suggestions Thread

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm saying you need to type up the rules of the game, and send them to me so I can then post them as the first post starting the thread proper.

Hubert

Reaction score
Alright, that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Will do.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I have a game suggestion. It is a bit of a take off of Muppet Musicals, but is does not involve musicals, it involves books. The title would be 'Books re-done by Muppets'. There would be no way to win this game, instead, you just keep posting books with Muppet Characters. The rules would be that you would choose a book that you have read or are currently reading and pair up the characters of the book to Muppet characters. Books cannot not be repeated by other people once a book has been done. Is that ok?

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I have an edit. The only time when a book could be done more than once, would be if someone wanted to do it over once and give more detail.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Ok, I got one. Not sure if there's one already like it, but worth a shot.

In this game, you have to take a famous quote, or familiar saying, I guess, and you have to blend it in with something Muppets.

RULEZ:

• If you use the same quote as someone else, it has to have a different blend.
  • You must put down the original quote.
Wow...
I really thought I'd have more rules. Anyway, there it is.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
I got one!
Muppet Musical Chairs
One player starts a song by writing a lyric (Six, My favorite number is six)
And who ever wants to partipate joins the FIRST SONG ONLY! Then whoever writes the last part of the song, they are out

RULES:
ALL PLAYERS MUST JOIN WITHN THE FIRST SONG
YOU MUST HAVE ONE LINE OF THE SONG PER POST
BEFORE YOU START A NEW SONG STATE THE SONG NAME AND WHERE IT'S FROM
ONLY SESAME STREET, MUPPET, AND FRAGGLE SONGS
ONCE YOU ARE OUT, YOU ARE OUT, NO CHEATING
IF YOU DON'T PUT IN 2 OR MORE LINES PER SONG (if it is long enough) YOU ARE OUT

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but this has several flaws.

First off, you yourself admit if the song is long enough. Well, what if the song chosen is so short that it only has five lines?

Secondly... Asking all people who want to participate within the first song/round of play, that'll just eliminate a lot of potential future players. One thing games here should have is the ability to allow people to join and play at whatever point possible within the game specifics themselves. For instance, Hensonville does allow for people to join up practically almost year round. Yes, applications have to submitted, and those applications have to be approved first, but we allow for people to join throughout almost the entire calendar year.

Third, if you say that a player's out if they post the last line of the song, that's just going to get rid of a lot of players as well.

Unless the rules are better structured, I'm going to have to say no to starting a Muppet Musical Chairs thread.
Hope you understand and have a good day.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hello Muppet Fans!

I have been sitting here reading diffrent things on the fourm and on the web and came up with a wonderful idea for a game.... Muppet/Henson Baseball! It would be a sports RPG type game witch I don't think has ever been done on here. We would use the stranded "backyard" baseball rules and regulations. (without trying to get to technical on what a foul is and things like that)

We would start out with two teams and on thouse teams there would be a coach.
Coaches would be the Managers/"owners" and coaches of the team. They would pick the name and color of the team. They would also be able to negotiate with the other coach(s) to trade players.

Teams can have as many players as it sees fit. All the player has to do to join a team is ask the coach, and give them the position and number they would like to play. If one team has less players then the other teams the coaches can also lend a hand in and play.

If a player wants to be traded to another team they must talk to their Coach first,and then let the coach talk to the other teams to see what can be done.

If this sounds like a good and playable game I would need another coach and then i will write up the rules better and send them to Ed.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was also thinking about an RPG game that would be really fun called:

Muppet's Circus!!

The rules would be simple, any members that would like to be a part of the show with any Muppet/Henson character. Members could change there acts from the various cities, but could not change there persona. Players could also ask another player if they wanted to do an act together.

To add for elements of "drama" the circus would travel from city to city by train. With several different cars. So in-between cities there could be some interesting banter/play.

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I have an idea that's a bit weird, but it might be fun. I've been playing around with Bad Translator, and was thinking that we could play a game with it. A player would think of a quote, and put it through the translator (setting it to 35 languages, with Random Language Order turned on). Everybody else would guess what the original quote was, and the person who guesses correctly gets to come up with the next quote. Here's a non-Muppet example of a badly translated quote:

Original quote: Lions and tigers and bears! Oh my!
Translated: Lions and tigers are less.