Galaxy Con: Sesame Street Cast on Sunday January 24th

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They did this in November. It was fun. I'm glad they're doing it again.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I have a spot purchased with Roscoe. I might try and see if I can still snag a spot with Allison the beginning of next month.

Dantecat

Reaction score
You actually can just check on the galaxy con website on FAQ and It will work.Have Fun!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I watched the live stream and chatted with Roscoe Orman. It was fun.

There was some interesting things in the video chat (which will probably be posted to YouTube soon). They said that they dropped the Trash Gordon segments, I forget the wording but I think it was that people didn't like the association with trash (I think I'll wait until it's on YouTube before adding that info on the Muppet Wiki page). Orman also mentions he was friends with Matt Robinson and Robinson himself informed Orman that they were again recasting Gordon (which seems weird that he would know, or would seem weird if he wasn't still voicing Roosevelt Franklin).

The cast was asked questions about their favorite celebrity appearances and favorite memories of interacting with young fans. Some of the favorite celebrity encounters I recall include Noel MacNeal talking about John Candy (he said that he didn't like how in Follow That Bird he didn't get to work with the Muppets... I'm thinking he was saying he learned that when he was a guest on the show, could he have actually said that while filming FTB? I wouldn't expect MacNeil to be on set for that scene, but he did perform Big Bird when running from the plane - could he have been the stunt double who jumped off the truck as well?), Steve Whitmire talked about Christopher Reeve (saying Reeve liked Ernie while his TMS episode was Rizzo's first appearance, and Reeve didn't realize the two had met on TMS), and I think there was a guest (Maya Angelou?) who Allison Bartlett O'Reilly liked who Roscoe Orman said he was friends with, so O'Reilly said the two were friends by association (and my memories might be mixed up on this fact).

My chat with Roscoe Orman was fun. There were things I wanted to talk about that I didn't get around to (I wanted to talk about how in season 16, when some of the adults believed in Snuffy, that Gordon seemed most enthusiastic about meeting him - and that my preparation for the chat reminded me of what Muppet Wiki described his plans to meet Snuffy in episode 2042). He told me he's the only person he knows who has been to every state, we talked a bit about Matt Robinson and Hal Miller (he thought Miller was only on for one year, I corrected him but wonder whether I shouldn't have), and we talked a little about Follow That Bird and that I liked his "Hand in Hand" song from the Ernie and Bert Sing-Along (and that it sounds like it could have been on a regular pop album). At the end I saw the final seconds counting down but then it would go back to 15 or so seconds a few times before the video ended, I actually got cut off in mid-sentence (I was about to point out that when it comes to recast actors that the fans tend to dislike them but Roscoe Orman might be one of the big exceptions since so many grew up with him instead of Matt Robinson).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@minor muppetz that’s cool you got a spot with Roscoe! My convo with him also unfortunately got cut off abruptly, but we did go a bit over the time limit (6 minutes). I really wish whoever was in charge of running Roscoe’s one on one chats would have just said “you guys gotta wrap things up” instead of just cutting us off like that (I know there’s someone in charge who takes the snap shots for the picture).

Any Del

Reaction score
Oddly enough we didn't get any snapshot of the Sesame cast like we did with Grey.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah I found that a little weird, but I mean, I was still able to take a good screen shot at least so no complaints.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One of those interesting things is that the ones who charge more for a session also get less time with fans. I guess the bigger names get more money, could it be that they also charge more for less time because they expect more people to want to interact with them? It would be interesting to know how limited they are. The website mentions limited quantities, and regardless of how much they want to do this, I don't think any of them would want to have to be spending several hours talking to fans (I don't think they'd want to start at 5PM and end at 3AM).

I also wonder if the amounts charged are more the talents doing or the con's doing, maybe it's a little of both. I don't know if GalaxyCon (and other cons doing the virtual things) also pays them in addition to what fans get, or if GalaxyCon gets a cut of the video chat/autograph profits, or what. It could be something to ask during the chats, but I kinda feel that'd be a waste of time when I could be asking or talking about other things.