Funniest Wackiest Zaniest Sesame Sketches

Benji2

Reaction score
Ah yes, the remake of the Sam & Friends classic :smile: I heard Stuffed and Unstrung are remaking all the classic Muppet sketches again. So far I know they are doing Java and I've Grown Accustom to your face and even sketches in which the original film footage no longer exists.

Who's Liza? I've never heard of that character before.

I probably just listed Frazzle already. The lyrics are so funny
Especially the ending

(Frazzle's growl)
That means he's hungry
(Frazzle's growl)
That means he's hot
(Frazzle's growl)
That means he's sleepy
(Frazzle's growl)
That means he's not
(Frazzle's growl)
That means yes
(Frazzle's growl)
That means no
(Frazzle's growl)
That means thanks for the dinner but it's really getting late and I really must go. lol
Liza is the long-suffering wife of the dim-witted Henry. I think the two of them appear in this sketch only and the sketch I think was first shown late in 1976, then repeated well into the 80s.

The sketch is just a retelling of a traditional song but the looks on Liza's face as the song goes on are priceless.

Frazzle was pretty cool - he didn't bother me as a kid!

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
One of my favorites that would fall in this category is one involving a purple Muppet guy in a yellow sweater with black furry hair (Frank Oz) demonstrating the word "CLOSED" by closing things (door, window, drawer, etc.) and shouting the word. I vaguely remember the punchline being two other Muppets shutting him up or something like that. xD

It always seem that to me the funniest sketches on Sesame Street feature Frank Oz. Nearly anything with Grover :super: and Cookie Monster :insatiable: end up being hilarious (the sketches with Mr. Johnson, doing lectures, Cookie pestering others for cookies, etc.)

And don't forget Ernie :stick_out_tongue: and Bert! :frown: The original Muppet comedy duo... well, the first to be popular around the world, at least. The first would probably be Wilkins and Wontkins...

Pockets 8

Reaction score
My favorites have not even been mentioned yet

1.All the counting clips with the baker falling down the stairs at the end
2.the martians Yip, Yip, Yip, Yip when they discover a radio in a house and
when they visit Bert & Ernie.
3. ALL the Simon Soundman clips
4. Who are the people in your neighborhood (garbageman & barber)
5. The baby eating a chocolate cookie (& gets very messy)with cookie monster talking
6. Telephone Rock
My very favorite is "Pockets". My mom would sing along whenever it was on & she'd sing it around the house too.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew if this sketch is uploaded on youtube or another video site or not, It was from the early 90s. It was Old MCDonald and a Pig going to the movie theater in a Mystery Science Theater 3000 fashion and they watch a movie about lizards and they get too wound up and crazy and they just end up running around the theater shoulding "LIZARD! LIZARD! LIZARD!" lol Only their shadows are shown like on Mystery Science Theater 3000. I haven't seen that in ages but that really cracked me up. I think it was part of a book Elmo made and Maria was reading and then that sketch came up from the book. Does anyone remember this? lol

dinoboy

Reaction score
a funny my sister and I watched and laughed at involves two square robot costumes. One is featured in one appearance and the other attempts to be the same as the other robot. It like that throughout the film and it gets faster and faster, untill they both crash into each other and fall to the floor, which is covered with stuff.

dinoboy

Reaction score
how about when they show a film of a place that you know where that is. They once did a live action movie of the Port Jefferson Ferry. Cars boarded the ferry and were counted one by one. And in time lapse the ferry makes it trip from Port Jefferson to Bridgeport Connecticut. And the cars drive off and are counted backwards. My sister and I used to take that same ferry when we visited our dad in Connecticut.

Drtooth

Reaction score
How about the skit where the kid asks the not at all plagiarized from Terry Gilliam campy photos if they've seen his "No?"

Or, more recently (well... relatively) where Kingston Livingston bothers Maria until he gets to have a jalapeno, only to have a seizure, fall to the floor in pain, shoot what looks like a fire extinguisher gust from his mouth symbolizing smoke, and then asking for another one.

And while not a skit on the show, this special has one of the unintentionally funniest Sesame Street moments I've ever seen... it starts at about 1:28

Jane Curtain talks about a fire safety program "using the credibility of Sesame Street as a vehicle." Cut to 2 Fire House employees with soggy Hasbro Ernie and Bert puppets and thick accents. "It's dees, Uhhnee! Ess Smoke Detecktor! Leesen! Beep! Beep!" and proceeds to mash Bert's face into one that actually beeps on "Bert's" third Beep.

I can only imagine what Ernie sounds like.

cjd874

Reaction score
Visual Thinking would be my pick but since it was named already...

Bert and Ernie in bed- counting sheep.
Makes me laugh every time and always loved Bert's nose waggling back and forth after he screams at the balloon.

2,3,4 Art Gallery (Biff in the museum)
I've talked about this many times before. Best punchline delivery and ending tag ever. ("Chicken soup? What is this? I don't get it...")

News Flash - Miss Muffet
Henson/Oz/Nelson at their best. The way they play off each other is pure art.
Counting Sheep: PWAHAHAHAHA!!! I thought I was the only person in the world who noticed Bert's nose waggling! Glad to know I'm not alone.

Biff and the art museum: Hands-down the best performance by Jim and Jerry. Jim's sidesplitting French accent paired with Jerry's spot-on New York accent has me in stitches. And the ending is hysterical.
Miss Muffet: I would argue that the Rapunzel sketch is Henson/Oz/Nelson at their best.

Liza is the long-suffering wife of the dim-witted Henry. I think the two of them appear in this sketch only and the sketch I think was first shown late in 1976, then repeated well into the 80s.

The sketch is just a retelling of a traditional song but the looks on Liza's face as the song goes on are priceless.
Yes. Jim Henson performed Henry, and Rita Moreno of all people did the voice of Liza. But can anyone here guess who did the puppeteering for Liza? My guess is Frank Oz, since Jim :jim: :smile: :stick_out_tongue: :sympathy: & Frank :mad::super::embarrassed: are like peanut butter and jelly...or cookies and milk. :insatiable: :hungry: