Funniest SS Moment

SillyRed

Reaction score
My Funniest Sesame Moment would be It was Oscar's Birthday and they were screaming the "GROUCHY BIRTHDAY" song to Oscar. That was sooooooooooo funny!!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Boy that's hard. I've enjoyed citing my funniest SS moment or moments of individual muppets (like Ernie saying, "I lost my air! , Cookie Monster saying, "When do me start?" after Guy Smiley already said, "On your mark, get set, Go!" , and one by Grover that I just quoted a little while ago, "Oh I do not think that sounds funny at all!". There are so many funny moments and not sure if I can pinpoint one clear top winner. In threads like these that ask for people's favorite of something (whether it be muppet or non-muppet related) I notice how often people tend to list a bunch of things anyway!
But anyhow, I think the fact that it's hard to pick just one funniest moment (just as it was hard for me to pick my favorite muppet and my favorite SS human) is a great further testament to how consistently SS produced high quality material.

SillyRed

Reaction score
Another funny moment was when Grover was singing and dancing in the Mexican Restaurant sketch, and he spilled the food Fat Blue was going to eat.

SillyRed

Reaction score
Another thing funny on Sesame Street is Elmo asking babies How do Fish Swim and Birds fly, or hop on 1 foot or How do they sing. I think he does it to be silly.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
not to be mean but there's a section called Classic SS here where this should be posted. maybe you should ask 1 of the moderators to move this posting there since we're talking about mostly old skits.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hee hee hee, see what I mean, SillyRed? Hard to just stop at one funniest moment isn't it. There are just so many to appreciate and laugh about. I posted on another thread once how extremely funny I thought the skit with Ernie counting to 10 and continually starting over was. And that John John was gut busting humor! Fourteeeeeeeen! LOL. And of course Joey saying, "A,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,cookie monster! teh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh!"
Even in that one I mentioned with Ernie saying, "I lost my air!", just before that happens Ernie says to Lefty, "Here's your nickel, and thank you very much!" Then the Salesman says, "Anytime kid." And the way he then laughs made ME laugh! It was a hilarious sneaky and satisfied laugh ( A hyee hyee hyee hyee hyee hyee! ). Then there's all those News Flash segments! ("Little pig, little pig, open the door!" , "What frog doing in my bedroom? Uh, Kermit the Frog Sesame Street News Ma'am. Whatever.", "Heyyyyy Frog! Oooh what a fearful looking beast! I've come to frighten you awayyyyyy!", "I don't know ............. why they say that ....... I'm ................................... slow."

Ziffel

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
not to be mean but there's a section called Classic SS here where this should be posted. maybe you should ask 1 of the moderators to move this posting there since we're talking about mostly old skits.
I see what you're saying, mike. But I guess a funniest SS moment could technically come from any year 1969-2005 and some younger users might only have the recent ones to go by. But yeah for me you're certainly going to see the OLD stuff! (though I can give examples of newer funny things too, like when Siskel and Ebert fought with each other to Oscar's delight and when Bert said the pigeon he was playing checkers with isn't really that smart because, "Of the ten games wev'e played she's only beaten me twice!")

Xerus

Reaction score
One skit that really makes me laugh was when Grover found an empty telephone booth. When he announced he finally found one, all these monsters shout, "AN EMPTY TELEPHONE BOOTH!" and they all crammed into it at once and Grover had to keep pushing them out.

It makes me wonder if they were college monsters trying to do the classic, How Many Can We Cram Into a Phone Booth, stunt.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Is that the one where at the end Grover is in the phone booth by himself and the phone rings and Grover answers it and says, "Um, I don't think so. But I'll check." Then he sticks his head out of the booth and asks, "Is there anyone here named (Monteque? Something that begins with m anyhow!)" And then all the monsters jam poor Grover in the phone booth again. That was a good one.

Xerus

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Is that the one where at the end Grover is in the phone booth by himself and the phone rings and Grover answers it and says, "Um, I don't think so. But I'll check." Then he sticks his head out of the booth and asks, "Is there anyone here named (Monteque? Something that begins with m anyhow!)" And then all the monsters jam poor Grover in the phone booth again. That was a good one.
Yeah, that was the one. :smile: I couldn't remember the name Grover asked, But I think it started with Mon... And I liked how one of the monsters in the booth went, "HI MOM!" :smile: