Funniest rip-off...

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
My favorite dollar store bootleg toy was "Clues and Monster." It had cheap knock off Blue's Clues and Pokemon toys in one box.

--Klonoa
Back when the Flintstones were being immortalised in the big screen, the dollar stores here in Aus had toys called "The Stone Family". Two packs of two squeaky toys, which looked suspiciously like Fred, Barney, Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm. Knowing my fetish for cartoons, these were brought home for me one day after one of my mum's Saturday shopping expeditions.

The funniest thing about them was on the packaging, there were pictures of incredibly Bedrock-esque buildings. You'll probably remember that in the film, their fast food outlet was "RocDonald's", whoever made these toys decided to play that game too by having a picture of "McRoc"

How DO they get away with it?

Cherry "Coming soon to the Pizza HUTCH menu" Pizza

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
CherryPizza said:
Back when the Flintstones were being immortalised in the big screen, the dollar stores here in Aus had toys called "The Stone Family". Two packs of two squeaky toys, which looked suspiciously like Fred, Barney, Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm. Knowing my fetish for cartoons, these were brought home for me one day after one of my mum's Saturday shopping expeditions.

The funniest thing about them was on the packaging, there were pictures of incredibly Bedrock-esque buildings. You'll probably remember that in the film, their fast food outlet was "RocDonald's", whoever made these toys decided to play that game too by having a picture of "McRoc"

How DO they get away with it?

Cherry "Coming soon to the Pizza HUTCH menu" Pizza
The same way as Agro's creator gets away with him looking soo much like that fisher price animal!

beaker

Reaction score
My friend said "Cooking With Al Roker" is available for a $1 at most dollar stores now...life would be so complete to see the grand seraphim heirophant-weatherman using his culinary art skills in a display of taste-tastic expression!

CherryPizza

Reaction score
beaker said:
My friend said "Cooking With Al Roker" is available for a $1 at most dollar stores now...life would be so complete to see the grand seraphim heirophant-weatherman using his culinary art skills in a display of taste-tastic expression!
"Human roaches, feeding off each others' garbage! The only thing you can't buy here is dignity!" --Mayor Diamond Joe Quimby

Drtooth

Reaction score
Last weird find at a dollar store for me....

Well, I saw Bootlegged "Battletoads" (remember that video game) action figures in a package marked (get this now..) "SPACE"

an d there was a three pack of cheap looking Spiderman action figures (labled correctly as Spiderman, but it looked like a poor printout from a home computer)

How the shell do they get away with this?

beaker

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Last weird find at a dollar store for me....

Well, I saw Bootlegged "Battletoads" (remember that video game) action figures in a package marked (get this now..) "SPACE"
they made battletoads figures? sweet!

Klonoa

Reaction score
Yeah I got a couple of real, non-bootleg Battletoads action figures from a dollar store a long time ago. They're kind of like bendys.

--Klonoa

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... these looked to be articulated (They don't have them any more, sadly...) but the cheap blister package with the word "SPACE" on it just bust me the shell up!