Funko Pop Series 2

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I just read this about a blogger who talked to a Funko president of funko because there was a rumor of funko dropping the muppet line...he was concerned and went to the source (the president of funko) and asked about a series 2 and they are planning on doing some tie-ins to Muppets Most Wanted! :stick_out_tongue: He said Series 2 he would like to see would be Bunsen Beaker Swedish Chef and he asked about Walter since he has been in the teaser picture, they both agreed Walter would be a logical choice!!! Excited

link: http://popvinyls.com/2013/02/13/pop-vinyls-com-exclusive-a-toy-fair-sit-down-with-brian-mariotti/

Muppets Series 2
Also on my list of things I needed to know was stuff about another Muppets line. With the retiring of the majority of Series 1 (only Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Animal are left) and rumors online about Funko dropping the line, I wanted to get to the bottom line, and headed straight to the source.
Brian kind of looked at me quizzically and confirmed that there will indeed be a second series. Plans are for a merchandise tie in to coincide with The Muppets… Again, which is due out in March 2014. When asked what characters he would like to see, Brian mentioned Bunsen, Beaker, and Swedish Chef. I asked if we could see Walter in Series 2, being that he is in the teasers for the second movie. It was agreed that Walter would be a logical choice. Can’t wait to see how this develops and what we might see at Toy Fair 2014.

On another Funko note im excited about the Kermit and Piggy cupcake figures

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
CUPCAKE HOLDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is disney really THIS desperate to make money???????

Drtooth

Reaction score
CUPCAKE HOLDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is disney really THIS desperate to make money???????
No. Those are one of Funko's sub-brands. They have basically Disney and MLP ones of these and...well... they aren't selling well. I've never seen the Kermit and Piggy one, which leads me to believe the line has been canceled completely. They're pretty awful, actually. I just don't get the point of them when the Pops/vynal figures/Bobbleheads are far superior products for Funko.

That said, this thread is several months old. Series 2 has been revealed already. But it's just the Chef and Sam so far.

minor muppetz

Reaction score

Disney shouldn't be desperate for money. Disney could just, you know, release season four of The Muppet Show.

Or, if Disney was really desperate but didn't want to get music cleared, they could release every little Muppet production that doesn't require music clearances (most of which are either fairy tale specials or direct-to-video projects aimed at little kids).

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
Good point. I guess my rage got the best of me there,Probably because I just watched the Lady Gaga and the muppets special. Boy, that video is hor-ee-baal!!Somtimes I wanna slug Disney.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney shouldn't be desperate for money. Disney could just, you know, release season four of The Muppet Show.

Or, if Disney was really desperate but didn't want to get music cleared, they could release every little Muppet production that doesn't require music clearances (most of which are either fairy tale specials or direct-to-video projects aimed at little kids).
You realize of course that I essentially just said Disney has zip to do with a crappy toy line, other than letting some company buy the license, right? And even if they did, they totally okayed their princesses and Fairies before the 2 Muppets.

Funko is a great indie toy company, and I love the fact they can get licenses from Warner Bros and Disney and Hasbro and Mattel at the same time. But the Cupcakes thing was a huge folly on their part. There's only so much quirky you can shove into something before it becomes so cutesy poo that it's far more the latter than the former. The Cupcake line was clearly intended for the female collector, as a guy I just don't see anything but a unicorn puking a rainbow here. But its'... just... not as cool as their other lines. Nor as successful.

As for the POP line... I hope that after the movie has it's run, down the line we'll see some more additions to the Muppets. Those ones really flew off the shelves. I really want that Chef and Sam, but what I'm drooling over are the Ghostbusters. Ugh. I'm like pulling my hair out with these things. I only have like 4 of them, and they keep releasing more and more cool ones.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Just got my Vinyl pop figures of the Swedish Chef and Sam the Eagle, today.:smile: