Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erine81981

Reaction score
If they don't look either like themself on the Show from the 70's or 80's then I'm not getting them and if that don't compare to the Muppet Action figures then there is no worring I'll won't be getting them. I want them to be at least have the same artaoulation (bad spelling) u know where their arms and legs r able to move not just stand. Ok thanks that my whole ten cents.

WiGgY

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I don't think Bert's ever looked that happy. It is better, but I'd rather they get completely out of this cartoony look. :frown: :stick_out_tongue:
I agree that Bert never looked that happy, but if they want to go with the cartoon look, I figured they could at least find a place between puppet and cartoon. That first sculpt is just awful!

I'm hoping they drop the cartoon stuff. Even if the first series looks like that, at lest change it for the second one. Sesame Workshop should separate the license for cartoon looking products and puppet looking products. Then Palisades could take the realistic stuff and leave the cartoon stuff for Fun-4-All. But I know that won't or can't happen. Oh well, I'm hoping there is going to be some kind of huge change between now and the final figures.

BJC899

Reaction score
Also, does anyone else think Cookie Monsters color is off?

Maybe it should look more like this

Drtooth

Reaction score
It would be great if the Bernice figure was sculpted to sit on that finger, like a perch.

Any plans for future accessories?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
BJC899 said:
Also, does anyone else think Cookie Monsters color is off?

Maybe it should look more like this
I think that color change to Cookie Monster is very good. Fun 4 All should definitely consider making that change to the figure...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
It would be great if the Bernice figure was sculpted to sit on that finger, like a perch.

Any plans for future accessories?
That's a good idea. Maybe that is why he is pointing like that.

Ben, I agree that Cookie needs to be darker. He also needs a more shaggy look. Where are the levels of blue fur that we were told about?

Remember this?

"(cookie monster WON'T just be a chunk of blue plastic, he'll have many levels of blue fur)"

I don't think what we saw would be described as many levels of fur.

BTW, we were told that paint changes would occur. Worst case senario is that I'd have to repaint it myself. What they need to focus on is the sculpt. Even Ernie (who i think is pretty good) needs changing. The eyes are way too big and ge seems too small. But there isn't anything to judge scale by at this time.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I still don't want to settle for cartoony versions of the characters!

I think the mix between the 2 photoshopped versions of Bert would be good, and I like Cookie's new coloring--make them eyes smaller, though! As far as Bert's articulation, I do believe I see joints in the knees? I also would like to see Bernice the Pigeon be able to perch on the finger!

Pdiresta, maybe you can shoot us a list of articulation points on these characters. that would be so cool.

I think it's a good idea to keep things available to kids other than Barney--but, I, as a big fan of SS, want to see these things marketed toward collectors as well. Again, I don't want to settle for less when a company has a great opportunity to hand us what we really want.

And Quinn, I'm 31 now--please stop calling 30 old. I already feel it, don't need to be reminded. Ooh--my hip! :sleep:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still don't see anything being way off myself. Cookie's eyes need to be smaller, and thin gs need to be tweeked, and Cookie and Oscar (though it's hard to tell) need to be furrier, but slightly.

The cartoon stylization seems mild to me, with the exception of Bert and Oscar, since these characters are cartoonish themselves. As I said earlier, I think more Puppet like versions count for characters like The Count, Big Bird, and Big Bad wolf...

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Is there any new news about the web site? It states the new site will be up October '03, and it's now November. Just like to know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.