Full-body costume puppets

MuppetDude

Reaction score
TheGirlIsABear said:
At Disney's California Adventure in Anaheim, CA, in the show Playhouse Disney Live on Stage, I performed as Bear from BBBH. Two cameras were wired into Bears eyes, and over my head inside of Bear, I watched on a goggle-mounted monitor system, and could "see through Bears eyes."
The Gorgs from Fraggle Rock use the same mechanism.

Arislan

Reaction score
Hmmm and nobody answered the question as to where to find the Bert and Ernie shirt materials.

amelia turner

Reaction score
I have no idea how to navigate this site, i've just joined, but i'd like to put a question to everyone, i hope someone can help me :smile: I'm from the UK and i'd like to get a job working for television designing or engineering full body suit puppets like Big bird, bear in the big blue house & the monsters off Where the wild things are, etc. I am aware that in order to get a job in this industry I would have to take some kind of University Degree equivalent course. Please could you suggest what kind of relevant courses are available to me or what other route I would need to take to get a job in this subject? Kind regards, Amelia.

Animal31

Reaction score
Hi Amelia,

Try the Puppet Building forum as well, also, self promotion never hurts. Do you have any pics or videos of your work to post?

amelia turner

Reaction score
Hey Animal31, thanks for taking the time to reply!
To be honest i'm pretty new to the game, i've been on Fashion design and Costume design courses for the last few years so I've only made one small hand puppet myself. I dont have a lot to show for it, just a passion. That's why I'm looking for a puppetry course that will give me a great start and get in the industry.

Animal31

Reaction score
Passion is a BIG part of it, I'm pretty new to it myself, only did costume designs and set design before this for local projects.

Good luck in your search, and please keep us posted of your progress and findings!!!

amelia turner

Reaction score
Hey again Animal31, It's nice to know i'm not the only one with little previous puppetry experience! Makes me feel less alone in this big world :smile:
I'll defo be sure to keep you updated on my interweb travels, haha.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Amelia, consult UNIMA's website, UNIMA USA has a comprehensive list of puppetry schools around the world, there are quite a few in the UK and if you don't mind living on the continent for a while there are hundreds of places to train and study.