From Lounge Singer to Charm Bringer

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I love it! I'm such a Rowlf fan, I'm excited to see him getting the spotlight for a change!

P

Princeton

One would think that Jeffy would be heartbroken to see his new friend go his seperate way. But as it turned out, the absolute opposite was true. Jeffy was so excited for Rowlf and proud too. So Hubert loaded Rowlf in his Winebago's special compartment and together they left the small Mississippi suburb to move on to bigger and better things. It took many a search to find Rowlf's first gig, but finally Hubert decided on The Hickory Stick, a bar-and-grill in Kansas. Life at The Hickory Stick treated Rowlf well, so well that that became his only gig up until 1979, when the mortage on The Hickory Stick ran out. Hubert's health was failing, so he wasn't much help in telling Rowlf where to go next. But he did say that he had faith in Rowlf and knew that Rowlf would make the right choice.

Then one fateful night at The Idaho Inn, Rowlf's path crossed with a down-on-his-luck frog named Kermit. Kermit was dining there with a pig who had just won a beauty contest. Things were going well until Miss Piggy had to take an urgent phone call and left Kermit in the lurch. Kermit waited for her for hours; he was about to leave when he heard a swinging piano beat from the inn's lounge area. Rowlf helped Kermit tremendoulsly by singing a song that somehow summed up what Kermit was feeling. Then, after a series of adventures, Kermit, Piggy, and all of his other friends finally reached their destination: Hollywood! Rowlf was lucky enough be part of the group known as The Muppets.

More to come.

P

Princeton

The Final Part

Rowlf gained instant popularity as he joined the Muppet gang. After their jaunt to Hollywood, the Muppets battled bad guys and recovered valuable diamonds from England. Then they adventured in the Big Apple for a while, even starring in their own Broadway show. And always by their side was a man named Jim Henson, possibly the most important person as far as the Muppets were concerned. But after a while, Jim wasn't around as much as he used to be. One day in 1990, Kermit had planned an out-of-town publicity appearance, so he put Rowlf in charge of the Muppet Theater. Kermit was only gone a few days when one day the telephone rang. As it was his duty, Rowlf answered it. Once he found out who it was, he asked the other Muppets to give him some privacy. After a few minutes, Rowlf called everybody back in. With tears in his eyes, he said "Guys, that was the hospital. It turns out Jim got sick, and well, this afternoon he took a turn for the worse. I'm sorry I don't know much else, but hopefully when Kermit comes back, he'll be more help."

Some hours later, Kermit came back early from his trip. He had already heard about Jim and came back as soon as he could. He gave everybody a very nice and comforting talk. Then he noticed that Rowlf wasn't there for the meeting. He found him outside just sitting by himself. Kermit sat down beside Rowlf, put his arm around him, and said "I'm very proud of you, Rowlf. I know that wasn't easy. But we'll be okay, though. In everything we do from now on, we'll always keep Jim with us."

THE END

Beauregard

Reaction score
I liked it. No, I loved it! This brillient summing up of ROwlf's life history! From his puppy-hood piano running, to his meeting with the Frog, to the sniffle making ending. Wow. I really loved that!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh... <sniff> You get a hug for that. <HUG!>

Now if you'll excuse me... I need to retreat to the inner depths of my mind where I can give Rowlf a hug, too.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I liked this, and it's a change to see a short fan-fic (not a critism of anybody it's just variety is the spice of life...)

The story gives Rowlf a good, believable and Muppetty past and then goes on to give a nice resume of his history. It might be worth finding out a little about Rowlf's time on the "James Dean Show" (?) and adding that in and maybe talking a little about Rowlf feeling quiet after Jim died - but now being to become a main character again - at the end.

I would like to see you redraft this and expand upon it as well as trying to add in some dialogue between Rowlf and the other characters.

Well done!