Frank Oz's Stepford Wives debuts June 11

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
Bottom line, we all need to give him a chance with Stepford Wives, regardless of any negative pre-premiere word of mouth.
Well so far, this movie is getting some bad reviews. Stepford Wives, Garfield, and Chronicles of Reddick are the only new movies showing this week but I have a feeling Garfield might top the box office. If not, then Harry Potter will do it.

ryan

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I have heard that this movie isn't really good but it's not that bad. I'm seeing it tonight.

IMO I think it will have a big opening weekend considering all the hype and the stellar cast. I don't know of one person who wants to see the Garfield movie. And, honestly, I know Vin Diesel is a huge star but who wants to see a sequel to a movie that was a bomb (Pitch Black)?

I think the Stepford Wives will be a surprise hit...and Frank Oz deserves it!

beaker

Reaction score
oh yeah, Bowfinger! I loved the premise behind that film, heh. But yeah, for the most part hes hit and miss, heavy on the miss. Why has he forsaken us Muppet kind so much? *cries*

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I know just what you're saying about his "forsaking." Maybe that's a little strong a term, but it always kind of felt like he'd turned his back on the Muppets back in '86 when he started his film career. Obviously Jim (and most of us Muppet fans) supported his new career, but it's like he just dropped out completely as soon as Little Shop came out. Sure, he came back for cameos with his characters from time to time, but it wasn't the same. His suggestion to George Lucas that Yoda should be CGI in Episode II rather than a puppet sort of made it seem like he wasn't just through with the Muppets, but with puppetry altogether, which was the hardest blow of all. I saw "Stepford Wives" tonight, and it really was a great dark comedy, and Oz deserves a lot of praise. But I sure wish he'd return to his Muppet roots from time to time.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
beaker said:
Why has he forsaken us Muppet kind so much? *cries*
That's a little selfish, don't you think?

And, I've personally enjoyed ALL of his movies. Haven't seen The Score yet, but I've heard it's good.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing this one. I've read some negative reviews and some positive, but most of the people who don't like it seem to have been unprepared for this to be a comedy. I like a good dark farce like this seems to be, so I hope I get the chance to see it soon.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I saw Stepford Wives tonight. I thought it was pretty good. It's not a movie I would buy but I think it is definitly worth seeing at least once. It was very weird but also pretty funny. It also has kind of a creepy feel to it which is cool and a surprise ending. I think Frank Oz did a good job with this film. I like how it is different than any movie I've ever seen. Plus Christopher Walken is great in the movie. So yeah although not the best movie ever it is woth seeing once.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, gang! I'm at the movie theater right now and am about to go in and see this film. I love a theater with an internet cafe in it! Anyhoo...if I don't post what I think about the movie today, I'll do it monday when I'm at work...on hold...waiting for someone to talk to me from the other end of the phone line.

scooter289

Reaction score
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'd like to. Also, I believe it got the #4 spot for the weekend box office.