Frank Oz

Drtooth

Reaction score
The TRUE "The Score" Story..

Do not believe what they say...

The reason why Frank Oz had such a problem that he didn't want to focus on Puppeting by the fault of Marlon Brando is simple.

You see, at the weight and age Marlon is at, he actually needs to be puppeteered himself. They were thrilled that Frank Directed, since he is a puppeteer. They showed him Marlon Brando, and asked Frank to perform him. Having bad experiances with the La Choi Dragon, Frank did not like the conformity. 'specially in something that heavy.

So there you have it!

P.s. If you look really really close, you can see wires coming out of
Marlon's mouth.

Just kidding!!! Wocka Wocka Wocka!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Re: The TRUE "The Score" Story..

Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
HEY! :mad:
Sorry! Wocka wocka is so much MORE fun than saying Ha ha ha...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002

Anyway, you're pretty good at this. Maybe I should come up with some more questions and try to stump you. Lol.
Thanks! Feel free. :big_grin:

I agree with Foz that overall, performing live is better than dubbing. There are simply some cases where it can't be avoided, such as the aforementioned Kermit/Rowlf duet (which, by the way, was pretty great anyway). New performers for Frank's characters also means more room for improvisation -- another plus.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's a great, big, HUGE PLUS!!!

I can't wait to see the new stuff.

FOZ

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Thanks! Feel free.
Sure, you still never answered my last question.

Anyway, still Frank's characters still had some memorable moments in the post-Henson period. Ex: Miss Piggy's battle with Michelle Pfifer; Fozzie and Mr. Bimbow; Grover's "Monster in the Mirror" song, etc.

Chilly Down

Reaction score

Sure, you still never answered my last question.

What question was that? I looked back and couldn't find anything I didn't answer, so if you could just repeat the question.

Anyway, still Frank's characters still had some memorable moments in the post-Henson period. Ex: Miss Piggy's battle with Michelle Pfifer; Fozzie and Mr. Bimbow; Grover's "Monster in the Mirror" song, etc.
Oh, there were definitely some good moments, they've just been less frequent. I never cared much for the Mr. Bimbo thing, but the Kermit-Fozzie chemistry in the Muppets Inside PC game was great.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

What question was that? I looked back and couldn't find anything I didn't answer, so if you could just repeat the question.
It's under the "Robot Frog" thread. I asked about puppateering techniques and what happened after John Clesse stretched Gonzo like that

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I think these guys performing Frank's Roles are doing quite well. Eric Jacobson performs Piggy quite well. If you watch MTI, Miss Piggy (though voiced at least by Frank) sounds a bit off.

Chilly Down

Reaction score

It's under the "Robot Frog" thread. I asked about puppateering techniques and what happened after John Clesse stretched Gonzo like that
Ah. See, I'm not subscribed to the thread, so even though you addressed the question to me, I didn't see it till you pointed it out. The question has now been answered. :smile: