Frank Oz: "New Muppets Too Cute"

Drtooth

Reaction score
No worries though - given how the number of new Sesame episodes have declined over the years, it's only a matter of time til everyone else at Sesame Workshop is only putting in a day for Sesame each year. That Frank...always the ahead-of-his-time trendsetter...
I'm almost certain they do already! :big_grin:

cahuenga

Reaction score
Yes, Bob only appeared in a clip last season, not in any street scene. And Steve Whitmire in just one episode. At least Frank taped 4 clips last season ( Spidermonster,The Heaviest Catch, Coffe tree and a song of Grover, the last 2 appear on season 43) and he came back early this year and taped the Birdwalk empire clip, Im sure he did tape more clips but I dont think it will be shown until season 44.

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
*sigh* Am I a bad Muppet fan for not hanging on Frank Oz's every word? Yes, the man was an amazing puppeteer and he created some of the most vivid, memorable characters in the troupe, but he's moved on. I wish the media would stop asking the man about the Muppets and let him direct movies.
Too true, too true, Slackbot! thats some good reasoning! and no, you are not a bad fan.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I just don't get Frank anymore. Why doesn't he like what he used to do! Why does he hate MTM and MFS, its getting really annoying. If Frank disagrees with the "new muppets" then so what. He left the muppets and he doesn't even direct anymore, so if this is something Frank's doing to get back with the muppets than why'd he leave so suddenly? MAYBE HE'LL MAKE A COMMENTARY FOR THE DVD RELEASE OF SEASON 4 OF TMS COMING OUT SEPTEMBER 8, 2014

April Fools!