Fraggle Season 3 arrives September 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetumsMonster

Reaction score
Excellent news,

One of my fav episodes, The Bells of Fraggle Rock will finally be on DVD.

It would be great to see a replica of the ''Fraggle Bible'' or a style guide.

Also, I recieved this weekend ''Doozer Music'' VHS, its nice to see the segments specially made for the VHS of Matt and Cotterpin, be good to see this on one of the DVD sets!

Roll on September.

Chris

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Does that mean it'll have the twenty-two episodes that make up (Broadcast) Season 3 and the first two episodes of (Broadcast) Season 4?
Or will it just have all the episodes that make up (Broadcast) Season 3 instead?

Just asking, as this was something we were waiting for Greg to report on in the old thread when the DVD boxset was announced last week.
Thanks, have a great Fragglish day.
The season 3 set will have 24 episodes. I talked with HIT Entertainment and they told me that they are releasing the Fraggle Rock sets by production seasons, not by broadcast seasons. There should be four sets of 24-episodes each. The plan is to follow the four evenly sized seasonal groupings and episode order that Henson originally produced and intended (before HBO decided to stretch the 96 episodes out into 5 seasons for broadcasting).

More information can be found here: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/06/fraggle-season-set-episode-confusion.html

zns

Reaction score
I think I'll probably just ask for the set for Christmas this year since I'm thinkng about spending my money on the Muppets Show Season 2 and Sesame Street: Old School Volume 2 boxsets. But then again, I'll see what happens. :smirk:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I can't wait to find out what the features mean! Like is "Under Construction" the building of Fraggle Rock 1983? or 2007? I wonder if they will say anything about the movie and so on? Im way excited no matter what though!

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
At first I thought the release date was a typo, sort of strange release date...but like Phil said, fitting. Now I can't wait for September! So we should have the complete series in 2009? I guess it's worth the wait ... seeing how many bonus features are coming with it... :excited:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Actually we will have the complete set by 2008. It was stated earlyer that they are putting 23 or so ep's on each season to exclude the 5th and a full season. They were protuced in 4 seasons, but aired in 5. So we will be getting 4 box sets!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Excellent! I just saw this thread, I had no idea there was a release date yet. So excited!

SweetumsMonster

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to all UK fans, you can buy this set from www.playusa.com for only £17.99 with free postage.

Quite a good price, I used this company for season 2 and it was fine.

Chris

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
According to this month's "Licensing Book" magazine:

The third Fraggle Rock box set will launch this fall. The set will include some of the original artwork from the series (which first aired on HBO in 1982), as well as original pitchbooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.