Fraggle Rock Threadless T-Shirt Contest

PDiddymus

Reaction score
I didn't realize how accurate it is! Stunning!
Thanks, Jamie! I was originally planning today a couple of the other Fraggles in '50s Monster movie poster parodies, but I thought about it, and nothing could look more iconic than the Attack of the 50 ft. Woman poster. :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey Thanks a ton! Yeah I would love to do anything for Henson, they've been the kindest freelance employer I've ever dealt with bar none!
But yeah I sometimes just think that Henson Studio thinks getting a artist like Langridge or myself to do a few shirts would be too expensive, but we'd probably do it for almost nothing just because heck it's Muppets!! But I guess it's a good sign they don't abuse their own overwhelming power.
Using Roger's Muppet designs would fall on Disney. And I think with them part of the issue is brand uniformity. Though I do see some very stylized Marvel shirts that look very nice.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
Threadless and Henson sift through the entries and take into count the votes and the comments. They then pick a winner (not necessarily the one with the most votes) and several runners-up. It's probably safe to assume that one of the entries in the top page of 30 will win. The selected design and the runners-up are secretly notified within the next several days. The rest of us won't know for a few months and there really isn't a lot of fanfare about it. Just an email to those on the Threadless emailing list.
Do you really think it'll be in the next few days? I've been waiting for weeks to hear about other threadless submissions that haven't been announced. Drat! Thats not a good sign i guess.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Do you really think it'll be in the next few days? I've been waiting for weeks to hear about other threadless submissions that haven't been announced. Drat! Thats not a good sign i guess.
In 2011, it took them two-and-a-half weeks to contact me about my win. This was after another shirt had officially been dubbed the winner by Threadless on a non-Threadless site. I was so confused. They had decided to have two winners and there really wasn't any fanfare about either selection. Seven weeks later they sent out emails to runners-up about opportunities to package their designs for selection by vendors. I am very thankful about it all even though it was a bit of a mess.

So I guess it could take a couple weeks for notification. Runners-up could take longer. I think they've streamlined the process since then and they now select all the winners and runners-up at once.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
In 2011, it took them two-and-a-half weeks to contact me about my win. This was after another shirt had officially been dubbed the winner by Threadless on a non-Threadless site. I was so confused. They had decided to have two winners and there really wasn't any fanfare about either selection. Seven weeks later they sent out emails to runners-up about opportunities to package their designs for selection by vendors. I am very thankful about it all even though it was a bit of a mess.

So I guess it could take a couple weeks for notification. Runners-up could take longer. I think they've streamlined the process since then and they now select all the winners and runners-up at once.
Hmm, thanks for your insight! Threadless and their winner selection and notification is a total black box, so any info is good for my heart! I feel the stress dissipating.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
One wierd thing about this contest was that where my regular show submission got an average of 3.5, this one got an average of 2.9! And this one had half of them being a score of 1! That means in this contest in particular, there was a lot of people trying to vote-down entries! Even the highest scoring submission got a ton of 1-votes. I don't know why? Maybe a lot of people were feeling desperate or something.

It seems kind of bad-manners to me to give something a 1-vote when it doesn't deserve it. Also, I always feel like these kinds of contests have more to do with internet popularity then artistry.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
One wierd thing about this contest was that where my regular show submission got an average of 3.5, this one got an average of 2.9! And this one had half of them being a score of 1! That means in this contest in particular, there was a lot of people trying to vote-down entries! Even the highest scoring submission got a ton of 1-votes. I don't know why? Maybe a lot of people were feeling desperate or something.

It seems kind of bad-manners to me to give something a 1-vote when it doesn't deserve it. Also, I always feel like these kinds of contests have more to do with internet popularity then artistry.
That happens a lot. One thing to notice is that the average score a particular user gives the artists is tracked on their profile page. That has been a deciding factor for me. I won't support those who are unkind to others. That doesn't mean I'll sink them with a poor score. I just won't give those users a high-5. :grr:

I'm fair-minded so my median score is 3.25 / 5. :coy:
You're median score is even better than mine. Yours tracks at 3.75 / 5. :excited:
The entries in the top five tend to give a lot of 2's. I think that's kinda tacky! :smirk:

In the end, none of it really matters as much as what Henson and Threadless think makes for a profitable design that best represents their brand. :cool:

Personally, many of my favorites didn't make it to the top page. Some did, but there are a lot of fantastic low-rated entries. :super:

lazesummestone

Reaction score
That happens a lot. One thing to notice is that the average score a particular user gives the artists is tracked on their profile page. That has been a deciding factor for me. I won't support those who are unkind to others. That doesn't mean I'll sink them with a poor score. I just won't give those users a high-5. :grr:

I'm fair-minded so my median score is 3.25 / 5. :coy:
You're median score is even better than mine. Yours tracks at 3.75 / 5. :excited:
The entries in the top five tend to give a lot of 2's. I think that's kinda tacky! :smirk:

In the end, none of it really matters as much as what Henson and Threadless think makes for a profitable design that best represents their brand. :cool:

Personally, many of my favorites didn't make it to the top page. Some did, but there are a lot of fantastic low-rated entries. :super:
Yeah I usually skip the vote instead of giving a 1 score.
but yeah there were a lot of real good entries a page or two back. And I guess on the last Fraggle Contest (with Talenthouse) their winning pick was way far back- I had actually never seen the entry when it popped up as the grand prize winner! So yeah, maybe all the voting stuff is just for publicity and a way to bring in traffic.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Gosh, having only three winners does seem like a small amount, I was hoping for some more shirt options to purchase.