Fraggle Rock fanfic: Everything Seems To Sing

Redsonga

Reaction score
She couldn't read his eyes.

Somehow, this very small detail had left Mokey nearly unable to speak full thoughts.

For the last ten minutes the fraggle known for being the most expressive of all of her friends looked nearly frozen, carrying on a one sided conversation worthy of Wembley on a bad day.

"So…if it's not too much trouble, I'll even take the oath..I wouldn't be any trouble, if you want to call for it.."

The line of Cantus' gaze, penetrating and steady over his long yellowest orange muzzle, never changed in it's silent regard of her shaky words.

"If you wish it to be called for." He finally spoke in a tone just as hard to place as his eyes.

Mokey put her hand on her heart, speaking the solemn fraggle oath quickly and energetically.

"Weeba weeba, woppa woppa, garpox gumbidge, whoopee!" She smiled hopefully at Cantus. "See? And I can help on the road to, really I…"

Unlike Cantus, the four other members of his troop were clearly a bit taken aback and curious about the young fraggles sudden interest in them again, whispering a bit to each other though this whole time. The two most talkative, a slim, furry cat like creature, and a short wispy haired fraggle wearing glasses, seemed to come to a decision, finally speaking up.

"We've got no beef with having you along…"Murray began, giving Mokey an easy going smile.

"But, it would be nice to know where in the west you would like to go." Brio finished quietly, arranging her glasses over her unseen eyes with an almost nervous look.

"Oh I did'nt say? How silly..um, It's a place called Bluerock Night Gardens."

"Bluerock?" The booming throaty voice of the green loin like beast minstrel called Brool broke in.

"Oh yes, I've heard it's a beautiful place and I really need to get there as soon as possible…"

Mokey began un-rolling a very old looking map tied with a red ribbon.

"I would go alone but I know the path is..and if you happen to be going..that is if it's not too much trouble…"

"We have been there before and we will be again soon." Cantus replied simply.

"But Bluerock, Boss isn't that where…" Marray began near one of Cantus' dark pink hair toped ear tuffs as if to remind him of something, looking to the map.

"It is where there is a need to be…" The mystical fraggle spoke, turning to look at the smaller creatures' worried face. "…and so shall we be."

"Oh, thank you! Thank you!" Mokey squealed, catching herself short of her spontaneous need to hug the minstrel leader in thanks and looking at her feet.

"Um, I mean, I will be ready at dawn, sooner if I can be!"

She ran off quickly, leaving the group of musicians to stare after her, Marray shaking his head and chuckling softly.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Nice encounter between Mokey and the Minstrels (especially Cantus). It was well done. Oh, and--as usual--more please!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yes, well done ... Cantus is such an accommodating sort.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yes he is. Cantus' speach patterns are so Jim-like! It's almost as if I can hear Jim speaking within the story!

Pork

Reaction score
Loved it. I think you've done a great job of Cantus and the other minstrels.

*waits patiently for next update*

Redsonga

Reaction score
Thank you :smile:! I'm glad everyone liked it..I just got a weird review on FF.net from someone who didn't know about Brio and thought Brool was a girl o.o

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Remember, the kids of today haven't lived through the 80's to fully understand why we loved the decade so.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Remember, the kids of today haven't lived through the 80's to fully understand why we loved the decade so.
It was an 80's kid though, that knew all of the minstrels and their names :coy:.
The first part of chapter 4 to come..very soon :smile:.