Fraggle Head Pattern

Silent Rowlf

Reaction score
Hello all!! I've recently started making puppets and have decided to do a web show with them. I've used a lot of patterns from Project Puppet and they've worked out fine, but two of characters need heads similar to the Fraggles. I can't seem to find any patterns for Fraggle like heads, so if anyone knows where I can find one or a good equivalent (maybe even one on Project Puppet I might've missed), I ask kindly that you let me know. Thanks.

Silent Rowlf

Reaction score
Hmmm, I had tried that before but it didn't help me much, but if it's the best I got to work with I guess I'll see what I can do. Only reason I'm against experimenting is because I'm a novice and have limited funds, so if I screw up too much I'm out of material. Thanks for answering though, I honestly appreciate any help I can get.

JammieJam

Reaction score
I completely understand--I'm a newbie too. I was really afraid to waste foam at first, because you're right, it adds up. Once you start really playing with it though I think you'll be surprised at how forgiving the foam can be. My advice would be to buy some cheap foam (I get $10 sheets of 1/2" upholstery foam, and it's a good amount) and play with 1/2 or 1/4 scale mock ups. Once you find a pattern that works for you, you can trace it out on a piece of paper and blow it up on your computer printer. I hope it works out for you!