Fozzie Bear on display at the 'Teddy Bear Collection' in Wimbledon, UK

markit

Reaction score
Here's an interesting fact, not sure if it's been documented on here already, apologies if it has, but just down the road from where I live, in Wimbledon, Surrey (yes, where they have the Tennis..and the Wombles..er..look them up kids) there's a collection of Teddy Bears on display at the Polka Theatre, and included among a varied selection of well known Bears is of course, everyone's favourite 'furry, fuzzy, funnyman' (er..bear) Fabulous FOZZIE BEAR!! :smile: cue music.....

Of course you can't have a collection of famous bears without Fozzie :smile:

Not quite sure where he's come from or the history of how he got there, no doubt you'd have to go and see the collection to find out.

Judging by the look of him, i'd say he's from the early days, or possibly just a replica that someone's had made..because something doesn't look quite right about him, what going on with his nose?! Poor thing's been smooshed! :smile: Possibly been damaged over the years.

Take a look for yourselves, in this screen grab taken from the promo vid.

And here's the link for the theatre.

http://www.polkatheatre.com/editorial/teddy-bear-collection

Thanks to Alex who I met at the HMV Kermit appearance for the heads-up on this info.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Whew! Looks to me like the foam inside him has turned to toast, and he was rather inexpertly stuffed.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
It's an original fozzie bear puppet from season one of the muppet show ( there were three). It was given to the teddy bear museum by jim Henson in Stratford on Avon. This was owned by Charles brandith. He sold the museum and the collection which is when fozzie ended up at the polka theatre.
He looked better at the other museum than he does now!! Poor fozzie.
I'll send you a pic mark. Please post it in this thread as I'm not sure how you do it??

Hope this helps.
So you have seen 3 original muppets in as many days!!

Chris

markit

Reaction score
Sorry, clicked 'reply' not so easy when typing on Iphone :smile:

As I was saying , best way to post pics is to open a photobucket account , add the photos there and add the direct image link to your reply.

Theres probably other ways but that's how I've always included pics in posts.

:smile:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Thanks Mark,

I have a photobucket account. I usually copy the link option, I'll try a different way now??
Chris