Fozzie and Piggy relationship

Xerus

Reaction score
I read that Jim really wanted Fozzie and Miss. Piggy to have some kind of friendship relationship, but that was kind of hard since Frank peforms both characters.

Yes, I can see Fozzie as a good friend to Piggy. Of course there were a few times when Piggy hit Fozzie, like in the opening when Fozzie was about to make a pig joke when Piggy hit him. And when Fozzie dumped flour on Kermit as a joke and Piggy gave Fozzie a "punchline." And when Fozzie borrowed Piggy's Pigs in Space costume and took her place on stage. Piggy was gonna turn him into bear burgers!

And I also remember a few rare times Piggy was nice to Fozzie. Like in a Polaroid commercial, Fozzie got a new camera for Christmas and Piggy kindly explained how it worked. When Piggy got turned to stone, Fozzie was taking care of her and asked Floyd not to make fun of her. And in a book where Fozzie lost his hat, Piggy kindly offered to let him to wear her diamond tiara instead.

Sweet insecure Fozzie could be just the type of good friend Piggy could go to if she just needs someone to talk to.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I've never heard that Jim wanted them to have a friendship relationship, but I must say it's good to hear that. Sometimes I wonder if certain characters are friends with each other, or just both happen to be friends with Kermit. Fozzie and Miss Piggy are among those "certain characters."

I'm not familiar with the examples you cited of Miss Piggy being nice to Fozzie, but I can sort of picture them, I guess. And it may just be my own humble opinion, but I don't think Miss Piggy hurting another character is really proof of a hostile relationship- I mean... Well, I was going to use her relationship with Kermit as an example, but that particular relationship does have some awfully hostile aspects...

Never thought of Piggy going to Fozzie for someone to listen to her, but now that you mention it, I can picture it. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm pretty much just agreeing with you. I feel like a bobble head. What was the point of this post?... Don't answer that...

Ruahnna

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
I've never heard that Jim wanted them to have a friendship relationship, but I must say it's good to hear that. Sometimes I wonder if certain characters are friends with each other, or just both happen to be friends with Kermit. Fozzie and Miss Piggy are among those "certain characters."
I always thought Piggy and Fozzie were friends. They both have a deep-seated need for approval and popularity (which, BTW, draws both of them to Kermit) and they both crave the limelight. Also, if you love someone--really love someone, you have to accept his/her friends and make them a part of your life. It's hard for me to imagine Piggy and Fozzie not developing a relationship of their own after all the years they've been together. (And they must have SOMEONE they can complain to about Kermit, right?)

TogetherAgain said:
I'm pretty much just agreeing with you. I feel like a bobble head. What was the point of this post?... Don't answer that...
Thank goodness it isn't just me!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I never really thought of that. I suppose since Richard Hunt played Piggy on occasions in season one, they could have interacted with each other more often at the time. It's true that Piggy bullied him at times, but that's just the way she is. I don't think she treated him any worse than she did with other characters. Since I only have the Time Life eps and the season one DVD, there are a lot of eps I haven't seen, so I can't really comment on the Leo Sayer ep. I haven't seen the Poloroid commercial either. I recall thathey did interact quite a bit on Muppet Babies, so it seems to me that they were pretty good friends, except when he ticks her off. She was more tolerant of him than Gonzo anyway. Lol.