Fozzie and Floyd BIG TIME

Dr_Bunsen

Reaction score
I have just bought the Series 2 figures, and have placed them next to series one when ... shock horror .... I notice that Fozzie and Floyd are this series Miss Piggy! They are completely out of proportion. Fozzie is probably double the size he should be, in my eyes. Both are bigger than Beaker in height, and Floyd is almost as wide as Dr Teeth, though not so plump (thank goodness!). Unlike series one Miss Piggy, they are in proportion as figures (ie their physical characteristics are spot on, whereas our porcine pal was just wrong in every way) and they look great, but it is just when you place them against, Gonzo, Kermit, Bunsen, Dr Teeth, Beaker and Crazy Harry, they just look toooooooo big!

I know that Palisades work to the specs provided by Henson, but surely prototypes are placed beside Kermit, and the other released figures beforehand to see how the correspond. In this case, Fozzie seems to be little short of what Sweetums should be! My feeling is that Palisades should get someone else at henson to provide the specs. Whoever is doing so is doing a really poor job!

Still, I cannot wait to get Playset 2. Hopefully Animal will be in proportion!

Also, when Piggy returns in further series, could Palisades purleeeeese scrap the figure sculpt they already have and start again. She was just ugly!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I have pics and specs of puppets standing side by side that negate what you are saying. Sorry. Perception is always subjective, and your feeling that they are out of scale is in error according to every piece of reference I have in my possession. Other than Sam, Fozzie is one of the biggest. Floyd is very tall.

Hard to judge when you deal with lower half-less puppets, but scale is something we go over and over and over and I am very happy with the size of these figures.

What is funny to me is that in Series 2 both Gonzo and Harry are the ones that are really out of scale. They should be 5-7% smaller than they are.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey Ken (and Dr_Bunsen),

Something I didn't quite grasp until seeing the puppets in person a few weeks ago is how small some of the puppets (and hence characters) really are! Kermit, Gonzo, and some of the small ones have heads that are only the size of a man's hand, and then their bodies are also small. And then Rizzo and Pepe are downright TINY!!! Fozzie, Rowlf, Piggy and some of the others are MUCH bigger, but are often "cheated" to get into the same film or TV frame as the other characters.

Palisades is doing a fantastic job; if they made all of the characters the same size (like most companies that have made Muppet toys do) it would be very inaccurate and ridiculous; so even though that inaccurate way may be how we're used to seeing them, the reality is quite different.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
granted I don't have the figures yet, but in every picture I've seen with all of them together, they look like they're in very good scale. So far the only one thats looked a little funny to me is tux rowlf as he's a big fat puppy! But even then, looking back at muppet show tapes, I can see where they're coming from...

hehe..you want to complain about scale, why not try collecting transformers for a few years! :stick_out_tongue: Then we'll talk :wink:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Stryder,

I was just looking at the Starscream and Red Alert TFs at TRU yesterday, and thought they were cool, and then noticed that the little....(minibots?) they came with were like a crane and a big truck of some kind....which both SHOULD have been much bigger than either Red Alert (an SUV) or Starscream (a jet), and I was bugged.

So I'm saving my moolah for Muppets.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

Drtooth

Reaction score
QUin...Gonzo..whoever you are, YOU SAW THE MUPPETS IN PERSON?!?!? HOW!?!?!

Off subject, I have to say that Professor Frink was a very small action figure. He's like 2 inches shorter than I expected him to be...nyyygghey!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Stryder,

I was just looking at the Starscream and Red Alert TFs at TRU yesterday, and thought they were cool, and then noticed that the little....(minibots?) they came with were like a crane and a big truck of some kind....which both SHOULD have been much bigger than either Red Alert (an SUV) or Starscream (a jet), and I was bugged.

So I'm saving my moolah for Muppets.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn
hehe..oh well, that's the minicons...it's a whole different thin..they aren't supposed to be in scale..even in the comic/cartoon, they are tiny little vehicles that attach to larger transformers to give them "power-ups". it's sort of the target/powermaster concept of the late 80's taken in a different way.

Hmm...Personally I hate the concept, and the new toys have a lack of articualtion and paint apps that bugs me, sacrificed in favour of the gimmicks that the minicons activate...I have a couple of the armada toys, and while they are all okay, none of them are stellar...Starscream and Demolishor were sort of worth the money, and some of the minicon three packs were interesting, but over-all it's a big disappointment, especially hot of the heels of a highly detailed, highly articualted RID....

but this is a muppets board, no?

hmm...scale has always been a problem in Transformers, except for some of the RID and Beast wars line..Beast wars was the best for scale...the original g1 tf's were awesome toys, but hardly even thought about scale...it's kind of funny :stick_out_tongue:

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I have to say that Professor Frink was a very small action figure. He's like 2 inches shorter than I expected him to be...nyyygghey!
Have you seen Wendell? He's like the size of Todd Flanders. He's *tiny*. And all you get with him is a bunch of reused props (YEAH! Another stack of books!) and a small barf bag. At least with Todd we got Rod as well.

He may be in scale, but when you compare his package next to the Marvin Monroe's, it almost make you feel like somebody's ripping you off somewhere.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
Have you seen Wendell? He's like the size of Todd Flanders. He's *tiny*. And all you get with him is a bunch of reused props (YEAH! Another stack of books!) and a small barf bag. At least with Todd we got Rod as well.

He may be in scale, but when you compare his package next to the Marvin Monroe's, it almost make you feel like somebody's ripping you off somewhere.
I kinda feel that a Wendel action figure at all is a bit of a rip-off. I would rather have had the scout master Flanders.
The only ones I wanted at all from Series 10 were Scorpio and the Stonecutter Homer. Can't wait to get Sinclair and Cooder, Playmates cashed the check, so it should be any day now.....

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
I've held both the actual Kermit and Fozzie puppets in my hands, and I can assure you that their action figure sizes are accurate and in correct scale to each other.
-Artie