Fox takes over HIT distribution rights

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
I-Newswire) - ( EMAILWIRE.COM, January 31, 2006 ) LOS ANGELES / NEW YORK –- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC ( TCFHE ) and HIT Entertainment have entered into a multimillion dollar, multi-year agreement for the exclusive marketing, sales and distribution rights to HIT’s extensive portfolio of award-winning children’s programming in the US and Canada. Fox will begin distributing HIT’s full slate of home entertainment releases for fall 2006.

The upcoming release slate includes several new direct-to-video and catalog titles for HIT’s top-selling franchises: Bob the Builder, Barney, Angelina Ballerina and Thomas & Friends. Fox will also distribute all of The Jim Henson Company’s “Henson Family Classics,” including Fraggle Rock and Animal Jam, for which HIT Entertainment serves as US agent for home entertainment, as well as licensing and merchandising.

Source: http://i-newswire.com/pr55385.html

MWoO

Reaction score
You know just once I would like to see a company succeed without being taken over or selling off half it's freaking properties.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
I agree with that. But in this case Fox Home Entertainment division taking over the distribution is a good thing, primarily when it comes to the promoting and marketing of Fraggle Rock. Over the years I have see dozens of Fox ads promoting their dvds. In comparison, I have never seen a single ad from HIT promoting anything.

So if FOX starts to advertise the sales of Fraggle Rock season II for example, it will be a positive step (publicity wise) for the Henson Company to get the Fraggle Rock movie off the ground.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
HIT Entertainment signed an agreement with 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment for sales and distribution of their properties - this includes Fraggle Rock and the other Henson stuff they have. HIT Entertainment will still produce and create the videos/DVDs/etc (so quality/quantity of releases will stay pretty much at the same level), but now Fox will use their connections and leverage to distribute all of HIT's products and help sell them. This means more exposure for HIT's products, and they will probably be in more stores and with more shelf space (something HIT lacked a lot of before). Of course Fox will get a piece of the profits from HIT, but HIT feels that the help from Fox will greatly increase their sales -- it’s a win-win situation. This only affects the US market, HIT will still release and distribute their products in Europe and elsewhere the same way they have been for years.

G-MAN

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Muppet Musicians Of Bremen, but I think Muppet Classic Theater is controlled by Disney because it features the regular Muppet gang.

beaker

Reaction score
Sounds good to me...I just find it ironic that the Muppets are now evenly split between the two of the top 4 biggest media conglomerates out there:smile:
But yeah, higher visibility would definately be glorious.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
G-MAN said:
I'm not sure about Muppet Musicians Of Bremen, but I think Muppet Classic Theater is controlled by Disney because it features the regular Muppet gang.
Both are Disney owned. Disney has both Muppet Classic Theater and all 3 Tales from Muppetland specials.

Foodie

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
I agree with that. But in this case Fox Home Entertainment division taking over the distribution is a good thing, primarily when it comes to the promoting and marketing of Fraggle Rock. Over the years I have see dozens of Fox ads promoting their dvds. In comparison, I have never seen a single ad from HIT promoting anything.

So if FOX starts to advertise the sales of Fraggle Rock season II for example, it will be a positive step (publicity wise) for the Henson Company to get the Fraggle Rock movie off the ground.

Ah say AMEN! AMEN Ah say!!!! :smirk: :excited:

Nick