Forgotten (to the general public) Mascots: The P-Pals (PBS Kids)

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
A diverse group of PBS logos named the "P-Pals" invaded the PBS id, PTV Park, station IDs, and every interstital inbetween were the hippest things to come out of educational television at the time without getting too hip and are getting a slight spiritual successor with Dot and Dash's new group of friends is here and the over-simplfied rebranding of the 1999 logo. They screamed "THE 90S!". While I liked Face from Nick Jr, this automatic "reasscurance" that the PBS symbol is not scary was fun and great. They made you STAY in 1994 while other channels moved on. I hated how Animaniacs geared toward adults in the Kids WB episodes and shows like Pinky and the Brain so...yeah for those shows I can see why they got cancelled later on in life.

I miss the P-Pals. I didn't know the new PTV Name so I just called PBS Kids "PBS" Like other true 90s kids.

Here's some Muppet connections: Muppet Performer Jerry Nelson voiced P-Pal Pete. (mostly due to Sesame Street).

Yet they got forgotten thanks to those goshdarned 2000s kids!

salemfan

Reaction score
Yes, I remember the P-Pals from when I was a kid.
I also remember in 1997 there was a set of clips in between PBS shows called Read Earth that used to recommend books to the audience. Some of them were The Wump World by Bill Peet, The Lorax by Dr. Seuss.
Can somebody please upload these Read Earth clips to YouTube?