For Richard or Poorer

Java

Reaction score
Ed, while this may not be what you consider to be a full length short story :big_grin: when will we see the rest of it posted for our reading pleasure?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Mayhaps when my schedule's not so filled up with checking on rapidly-responded threads... Or nagging some others for more of their own offerings.
Maybe tomorrow, but no promises. There's a lot to go through, as it'll be the wedding of our two fanfic friends. Now if I had a song for the choir to sing...
*Plots musical and seating arrangements, what with all the members of the EM and Solid Foam and Fer Sure Four and MC friends...

Skye

Reaction score
Oh wow! I was just able to pop in here, and... what a great story so far, Ed. It's amazing. And soooo romantic! Aww, and my dress shop made another appearance, hehe. I think that's rully cute! :smile: I look forward to the next part!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Author's Note: To all my MC friends, and trusted readers. If you are left, um, wondering as to why some were absent in this installment... Well, just imagine that you couldn't make it to the wedding itself but will be there at the reception afterwards instead. Enjoy.

--------------------
Sunshine broke in on the Muppet Boarding House—welcomed by the dog at the piano tickling its ivories lightly entoning “Somebody Come and Play” —a mischievous little joke at Scooter’s expense. Fingers of green wrapped around his coffee mug, properly perkillated and frothed with a bit of crushed dragonfly flakes, just the way he liked it. Nora removed herself gingerly from the young Mr. Gross, shaking him slightly to get him up and on his way… After all, he’d need a good head’s start on this day, his wedding day. —Good thing for him, he had a good head indeed—. This motley assortment of castmates filed in front of the bathroom, shaved and dressed thanks to a staff of helpful penguins, then finally boarded the Electric Mayhem’s motorbus en route to the old converted church where the blessed event was to take place.

White walls and clensed columns stood open admitting all who was welcome at the nuptials of Mr. Scooter Hunt-Grosse and Ms. Sara Vines. Two gargantuan guardsmen stood inside, directing traffic. Sweetums had recruited Junior Gorg, both dressed in their finest clothes—the former eschewing his ripped-up loincloth for a traditional tux jacket as that was all that cover the massive monster along with a matching pair of sleevecuffs; Junior receiving the benefit of his Ma’s impeccable aid to groom her young man. “Wight over here miss” the latter said, steerring some frilly-dressed female towards her reserved chair. “You still got the rings little buddy?" Sweetums asked of the little green bundle perched up for a look-out spot on his shoulder—granting Robin the opportunity to be the first to see all those gathered upon this occasion. “Got ‘em right here” was his reply, motioning to the rings knotted into his handkerchief.

Music swelled, the band almost ready to announce the arrival of the blushing bride and her gofer groom. Owing to Dr. Teeth serving as the minister, auxiliary instrumentists were sought—and found with immediate reliance—swelling the band to even greater numbers themselves. Nigel directed all those under his command… Animal and Sapia traded their pounding drumsets for twin kettledrums, backed up by the Solid Foam’s female drummer on an additional pair she had brought herself. Zoot, Flash, Lips and the Trumpet Girl were poised to put mouth to saxophone and trumpets, equally talented at their own music-makers. Additionally, some demonstrated to be prifficient, even on instruments not naturally their own, as Digit struck the glockenspiel Clifford loaned him dexterously, Beard manned the classic violin with bow in his shaggy though well-kept yellowy yarned scruffs, and Hands accentuated their happy echoes upon her nimble flute. Kikit took up her long-cherished air guitar, backing up the main duo of Floyd Pepper and Janice on their own guitars, leaving the seat closest to the orchestra vacant for Janice as she would leave to join the main party as the Maid of Honor. Nurse Tongues was the last to make her musical presence known, blending the dual tones of her combination keyboard guitar or “keytar” along with the grandness of the organ masterfully manipulated by the phantomly dragon himself. Three serene singers dressed in matching outfits of creamy orange-yellow stood at the head of the pit—the crooning cat from Jazzmine’s, the blue Whatnot girl from Coming Unbound, and a literature major Fraggle who was eager to lend her voice to the heavens—spectacles shining as they had been perfectly polished just before she popped in through the Fraggle hole at the back of the chapel.

There came a hush over the crowd gathered there, lining the front two rows. The women folks took to the left, as was mostly the custom, siding with the bride about to make her triumphant walk down the crimson carpeting. The men filed into seats on the righthanded portion of the pews, smiling at the groom already present awaiting his long-loved girl. Auntie Eleanor looked on, enthralled by the organ music, Mildred Huxtetter turned to chat to her for a moment, Skeeter turned her eyes on her brother, Maureen the Mink held Miss Piggy’s purse as her own head was swirling taking in all the sights, Camilla was signing jovially to Gonzo seated directly across from her in the next pew in the meanwhile, Kermit was drinking in the fact that his friend was taking a similar plunge to the one he had years before, Fozzie rung his hands nervously in spite of Clifford’s hand on the bear’s back attempting to calm him down, Sam held his beak shut observing the dignified solemnity of the moment… And Rowlf was just dreaming of how Wanda’s warblings sent him into a world of his own. But this ceremony wasn’t just for Muppets alone, no, friends from their town of Hensonville had been opportune enough to snag an invite to see Sara and Scooter tie the knot. Lisa jotted everything down as it only fueled her fanfictional three minds while Kim made sure both her sisters were well-behaved—the middle sister being the one who was getting married—, Claudia beamed at Bunsen (or Bunnie as she had the habit of calling him) and Beaker up near the altar, Beth and Erin both smiled at the sirenly songstresses, Caroline mouthed a silent conversation with Will directly behind the chicken and her weirdo, Randall and Steve were busily loading their music recording technological devices in order to keep their loyal listeners well stocked in terms of MUP3s and Muppetcast coverage of the day, Sean—asked to attend by Scooter himself, as he was the current subject of the writer’s upcoming Marvel/Muppets movie storyline—, followed by Bryan and Ryan honored to be there on such important a time for the couple to be wed. Two balconies had been prepared as well… Statler and Waldorf—out of respect—kept quiet during the procession… Tears were shed by Sadie, dabbing at her eyes with a cloth provided by her brother Jerry Peters “J.P.” Grosse at her side. Sara’s parents were inwardly happy—this young theater man and backstage manager had proven himself to be the right man for their precious daughter.

“I now righteously pronounce you rocker and rockette!" exclaimed Dr. Teeth “go ahead and give her a smooch.” Scooter peeled back Sara’s veil, delicately so as not to disturb the blue shawl Sara wore—a treasured momento from their Christmas vacation in Vegas— bussing her lips with all the passion he was worth for. “Let us get to the outré party!" “Par-Ty! Par-Ty!" Everyone rushed outside, clapping and shaking the newlyweds… One last soul looking on from the vacated balcony. His glasses tinkled with the moisture of his own pearlescent rainy teardrops, the wings emerging from his back as he morphed silently from ghost to angel. Pleased and approvingly, Richard ascended back to his cloud where Jim and the remaining gaggle of his celestial castmates were eagerly hinging upon his report.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
EDDIIIEEE!
*Sniffles*
*Grabs a tissue*
OH!
*Blows her nose*

Sara got hitched!
XD AWWWWWWWWW!

Now, I only wonder how Nora feels of this!
D:

*Gasps*

Yay! I LIVEEE!
It was cute that you put my nick name for Bunsen in there. XD LOL!
I loved each part! It was exciting to see who'd be there next! I could see everything happening! Now, I only wonder where Eddiekins was in the wedding! D: Gee, Eddie? EDDDIIIEEE! *Searches for him*

DUDE! I LOST MY OLDER BRO! D:

*Sobs into her hands*

I actually became choked up with Sara/Scooter gettin' married.

:confused: Wow, I am OVERLY emotional.

X_X

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Wow! That is awesome! Thank you for the inclusion of my own band members! :big_grin: *glomp*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw... No worries sis, I'll probably be there at the reception.
*Glint of twinkle in eyes.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Glad to see that I could make it - thanks, Ed! And I see Richard was there too...and he was a little teary-eyed himself...

Well, Nora at least got to sing at the wedding...and with Wanda and Storyteller, too. Very nice!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... Congrats on reaching double 16's Erin.
Probably one part more at the reception... Just have to ask someone who's been wedded or been to one in hopes they can answer my questions about the two throw-aways that take place then.

And I'm gladyou identified who the third singer in orange-yellow chiffon was meant to be. BTW: Have you found the other hidden nods to Richard?