Foam cubes available at Wal-Mart Supercenters

Eight's King

Reaction score
Is it a closed cell upholstery foam or is it more open cell, reticulated foam? (Please be the later.)

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Eight's King said:
Is it a closed cell upholstery foam or is it more open cell, reticulated foam? (Please be the later.)
Sorry to bust that bubble. The blocks are made of regular ol' upholstery foam not reticulated foam. I don't believe you'd get a block of that stuff for 11 bucks anywhere, even at Walmart. Still its good stuff to work with. I've not found reticulated foam any thicker than 1/2". If anyone knows where to buy it thicker please tell us. I could use it in 3/4" and 1" thicknesses (even thicker if possible). I do know the stuff is killer expensive.:attitude:

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Rogers Foam will slice reticulated foam up for you at any thickness. Their info is here. But, as you said, Puppet Builder, killer expensive. I don't even want to think what any thickness over an inch would cost.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Actually, any foam wholesaler will sell foam (or order it) in almost any size block you want, but it does cost a lot.

mummytomb

Reaction score
The greatest gift of living in Los Angeles is that people just drag their couches out into the street.
I snatch the cussions whenever I see 'em!

Show and Tell

Reaction score
mummytomb said:
The greatest gift of living in Los Angeles is that people just drag their couches out into the street.
EEWWwww That would make your puppets smell like a butt. I wouldn't recommend doing that. Foam price has gone up a bit but not so much that I'd recycle someones couch.

hairyvangoph

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about a type of foam called crosslink foam? I'm told it is a decent material for the mouth of a puppet...Who has it?

Karrion

Reaction score
mummytomb said:
D'oh! I never thought of that. Going to have to troll for couches now.