Floyd.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, He's pink. I wonder if Jim or whoever thought him up and the group Pink Floyd in mind?

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I remember from the old Electric Mayhem that it was both Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band AND Pink Floyd, as his name is Floyd and he is Purple/Pink

Gonzo14

Reaction score
all the members of the electric mayhem are based off real people

Dr. Teeth - Dr. John
Janice - Janice Joplin
Floyd - Pink Floyd/Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Zoot - Zoot Simms
Animal - Keith Moon

and then there's Lips, I think I heard that Lips wasn't based off any musician, but he may have been based off Steve Whitmire, but I'm not sure about that one

Gonzo14

Reaction score
That could be, but I'm pretty sure his name came from some one named Zoot Simms or Simmons or something like that

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Also, I don't think it's a proven fact that Janice is based off Janis Joplin (that's how her name is spelled.)

Sure they share the same name, but Joplin was never really a "Valley" kind of girl like Janice (Muppets) more or less is, I think that has been discussed before.

Interesting fact is that when the Muppet character oh Janice was first thought of and drawn, she was going to be a male character based more on Mick Jagger. Her name could of been thought of because of Janis Joplin, however even if that is the case, she dosen't seem anything like the female rocker Janis Joplin, or for that matter, Mick Jagger.

BEAR

Reaction score
Lips may have been named after that old jazz song Keely Smith used to sing called "The Lip" which is about a trumpet player.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I heard somewhere that Janice was based on Joni Mitchell, but I dunno how true that is