First stand-alone 'Star Wars' movie to star Yoda

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey everyone, check this out. Apparently, there's going to be a stand alone Star Wars film that focuses on Yoda. Check it out:

First stand-alone 'Star Wars' movie to star Yoda.

Is this for real...or is someone just pulling our legs? If it is real, well, we all know who we'd like to see performing Yoda in the film, don't we?
This will be interesting to see...(if they're smart enough to get imput from both Lucas and Oz during production, that is).

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Smart idea since I think they have been back tracking on when they think episode VII would come out....I just hope its not two hours of yoda sitting around on dagohbah before Empire..... (Yoda prpares slimy dinner....yoda stares out onto swamp...Yoda delivers monologue about how he should never have listened to Mace Windu.... Yoda discussing the virutues of puppetry over CGI)

Drtooth

Reaction score
It seems that this is, if anything, a concept. They're barely considering this to be considered, that is.

I just wonder if stand alone movies would be that good an idea. Seems a Yoda film would be a prequel to the prequels, and there's some potential for showing whatever the heck he was when he was years younger. Something well before Phantom Menace took place.

If there's one thing that would make a great standalone, it's a film about Han and Chewie meeting. Of course, they'd need a complete lookalike of Harrison Ford for that to work.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually... it's been confirmed that there will be at least 2 spinoffs. Just none of them are Yoda based. More like Boba Fett and young Han Solo. Those have limitless potential.