First Look at Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles

Drtooth

Reaction score
-Tween April, she's supposed to be an adult; also, she's like a sister/mother figure to the turtles, its not weird for regular April to hang around with them! (thats Nickolodeon's reasoning behind making April a tween)

-No Casey Jones? I get some people hate him, but, I'm not one of those people. He's Raph's best bud and he BELONGS with April!
I'm not happy with Tween April at all. I really hope they do something that makes it worth while... but if it's a shallow attempt to pander to a younger audience, they might as well bring Zach back. I wish they'd rethink that by the time the show airs, but I doubt they will.

I too want Casey in this show. The only tiny thing I hate about the old series was that they had to make room for so many mutant action figures and idiotic alien races that Casey Jones appeared in only 3 episodes. There was so much potential for the character (and Usagi Yojimbo as well)... but even that piece of crap Carter at the end of the series had more episodes and followed them for a season. I mean that stupid cartoon rabbit they met in the fairy tale dimension got 2 episodes. Even the moronic Polariszoids got 2 episodes... Casey gets a lousy 3? If there's ONE thing I liked about 2k3 over the original, it's that Casey and Usagi got the episode appearances they deserved.

So Nick better play nice with Stan Sakai too.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I'm not happy with Tween April at all. I really hope they do something that makes it worth while... but if it's a shallow attempt to pander to a younger audience, they might as well bring Zach back. I wish they'd rethink that by the time the show airs, but I doubt they will.

I too want Casey in this show. The only tiny thing I hate about the old series was that they had to make room for so many mutant action figures and idiotic alien races that Casey Jones appeared in only 3 episodes. There was so much potential for the character (and Usagi Yojimbo as well)... but even that piece of crap Carter at the end of the series had more episodes and followed them for a season. I mean that stupid cartoon rabbit they met in the fairy tale dimension got 2 episodes. Even the moronic Polariszoids got 2 episodes... Casey gets a lousy 3? If there's ONE thing I liked about 2k3 over the original, it's that Casey and Usagi got the episode appearances they deserved.

So Nick better play nice with Stan Sakai too.
Oh man...I never liked Carter and The Red Sky series was more of watch I remember watching D< what did it for me was the whole: look, Carter can hypermutate thing -_-

The 2k3 series was my absolute favorite, the voices were perfect and there was a great balance in everything, and there was plenty of Casey and Usagi. I loved Usagi's character and his friendship with Leonardo, The Battle Nexus episodes were great and made me forever a fan of Usagi.

I really think younger April might be trying to target younger kids to watch and I hate that, she's supposed to be a grown WOMAN she and Casey are supposed to be adults, in an adult relationship, and the turtles might be teens, but,they're not babies. I just boggles my mind how Nickolodeon sees that its
'inappropriate' for April to be an adult. She's not into them, she's into Casey!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh man...I never liked Carter and The Red Sky series was more of watch I remember watching D< what did it for me was the whole: look, Carter can hypermutate thing -_-
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The writers knew they were going to get fired, and came up with ludicrous plot points to screw with the next writer. That HAS to be the case.

I liked the idea of the show taking a darker turn... OH, how I wish the TMNT series had the same tone as that epic first 5 episode test run. The tone of an elderly lady kicking over a shopping cart and shooting off a machine gun. One where Bebop and Rocksteady were stupid, but threatening...

but I HATE the Dregg episodes and those lame "Ultimate Mutations." I find it extortion that they put the missing episodes on that DVD set. I mean, I hate some of the directions they took for TMNT 2k3... never did like that ripoff of Disney's Atlantis/Nadia Secret of the Blue Water stuff... but Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers showed that Playmates ruined the series. They actually had some good stuff coming up in FF, the show took a better, stronger direction... only to be pushed aside for movie merchandise AND dumping the TMNT license all together for the 2 biggest merchandising flops of all time. I'm afraid of their involvement, actually.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You forced me to triple post, guys...

Trailer 2, with first footage of April and Shredder.

Leanked footage 1- The Kraang... they appear to be an alien race (like the Utroms, which they're clearly based off of).

Training session. (Splinter looks better in animation than I thought he would).

Also, the toys for this new series are available (and for the, unfortunately, reasonable price of 8.99) at TRU... and they ALREADY sold out. Except the vehicles, that is. But there was an entire endcap at the TRU I was went to... and it was bare except for the cycles and big Turtle vehicle.

Over all, this looks like a fun series... a little Teen Titans-y... as long as we don't add any female Turtles, this has potential.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I really HATE how these new turtles have like "boots" on with 3 toes that look like nubs sticking out!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I like the designs of the turtles better than the 2k7 movie's lizardy designs...

or that other CGI pilot's look for that matter.

I'm meh about the eyes and Donny's gap teeth. But I like the chip in Raph's plastron.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
You know, I like the designs of the turtles better than the 2k7 movie's lizardy designs...

or that other CGI pilot's look for that matter.

I'm meh about the eyes and Donny's gap teeth. But I like the chip in Raph's plastron.
I have to disagree a little bit, I liked the 2k7 movie designs better than these, but, these designs aren't terrible, they're very unique and I like that.

Don't even get me started on the eyes...Donny and Leo should have brown eyes, Raph should have yellow eyes and Mikey should have blue eyes or they should all at least have dark black eyes like in the 2k3 series (The Golden Puck)

The chip in Raph's plastron is epic <3 It really helps to push that Raph is the badest turtle there is XD

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to disagree a little bit, I liked the 2k7 movie designs better than these, but, these designs aren't terrible, they're very unique and I like that.
I find them more expressive than the 2k7 one, anyway. The designs actually look MUCH better drawn than in CGI... I have to say, I dislike how Shredder looks, but I'm loving Kevin Michael Richardson's Shredder voice. Of course, I'm a big fan of Kevin's voice anyway.

Of course my favorite TMNT designs would be the 2k3 series (until they kept stylizing and streamlining them for Fast Forward and BTTS, they looked awful in BTTS), and of course the first 5 Toei animated episodes of the original series. I love that line down their noses.

All and all, I'm just glad the toy line has THAT much of an impact, 2 months before the show even premieres. Hopefully that means Nick won't dump TMNT into a pile and completely forget about it.