Finding reticulated foam in Ontario, Canada?

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the site and I was wondering if there are any fellow Ontario residents that could point me in the right direction to purchasing 1/2 inch foam.

Thanks in advance!

Peter

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Most Fabricland outlets will sell 1/2 inch polyfoam, but it is expensive. If you're willing to drive to Mississauga Samuel Harris at 7131 Edwards Boulevard is a good, affordable source. They carry a lot of cool stuff.

Reaction score
re:

Thank you very much! Mississauga is pretty close to me, so that is really helpful. If you're familiar with the prices what am I looking to pay on average for the 1/2 inch foam. And do you have any recommendations about other things to pick up from there?

Thanks for being so helpful!

Peter

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
You know what, I am so sorry...I didn't read the title of this thread properly when I responded last night. Fabricland sells polyfoam, not reticulated foam as does Samuel Harris. For reticulated foam you're going to have to buy it wholesale (there is a supplier north of Toronto, but they have a $300 minimum order). Project Puppet sells small quantities, it might be best to order from them.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If you are just building your first puppet it's often a good idea to start with cheaper materials like polyfoam and polar fleece, but it's really up to you. The reticulated foam really is much better to work with, but it's also more expensive and harder to find. I would suggest checking out Samuel Harris, they sells a wide range of foam. You can probably find something there to work with.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I'm curious how much you guys pay per yard on polyfoam up there....

mrhogg

Reaction score
Andrew, do you have the name of the foam provider north of Toronto?