Fede Alvarez to Write and Direct Labyrinth Sequel

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I hope it crashes and burns during production. Knowing JHC's difficulty of getting anything off the ground these days (The Fraggle Rock movie, the Dark Crystal sequel, Happy Time Murders, etc.), that's likely to happen.
I still don't get why everyone's being so negative about this when we have such little info. But at this point, I really don't care what the project is, I really want JHC to finally have a big production that isn't a CGI preschool show. I hope, if this does actually get off the ground (which it probably won't) that it at least does modestly well so that they can finally start making more of those unfinished projects, and whatever other ideas they may have in the future.

It's really sad. From Sesame Street to The Muppets to Fraggle Rock to Dinosaurs, those Ninja Turtles movies, even some Saturday morning cartoons, they used to be one of the biggest names in entertainment- Now, their little more than glorified puppet builders.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I hope it crashes and burns during production. Knowing JHC's difficulty of getting anything off the ground these days (The Fraggle Rock movie, the Dark Crystal sequel, Happy Time Murders, etc.), that's likely to happen.
Sorry to double post but, speaking of Happytime Murders:
http://io9.gizmodo.com/melissa-mccarthy-will-star-in-puppet-noir-movie-the-hap-1794858671

Not sure if this actually means the movie's gonna get made because I remember them announcing Jamie Foxx as the lead a couple of years, but i'm still optimistic.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
Not sure what to think of this without the original cast, especially Bowie, as it was said above - the story surrounds his labyrinth / kingdom. I'm all for exploring the world of Labyrinth, but they should stick to realistic effects and puppets as much as possible...

mr3urious

Reaction score
Not sure what to think of this without the original cast, especially Bowie, as it was said above - the story surrounds his labyrinth / kingdom. I'm all for exploring the world of Labyrinth, but they should stick to realistic effects and puppets as much as possible...
And seeing as how that new Dark Crystal Netflix series will be using those effects, there's a glimmer of hope that this will, too. :smile:

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I sure hope so, the practical effects and puppetry is what made both Labyrinth and Dark Crystal beloved cult classics. The storyline will be vital though, especially without the original cast - they'll have to make it interesting enough that the audience isn't always wondering where they are. Perhaps we'll see a grownup Toby?