Favourite UK Spots

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
As some of you may know, the U.K. episodes of The Muppet Show included an extra sketch or song, mainly because the show was filmed in England and commercial breaks are shorter in the U.K. than in the U.S.

Nowadays, reruns and DVDs of the Muppet Show include the U.K. spots.

I have a few personal favourites. I always change my mind on which is the best for me, but currently it's a tie between "To Morrow" and "Mack the Knife".

So I was just thinking about this and wanted to ask you guys, what's your favourite U.K. spot?

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Other favourites;

Sam's song
Sam vs the Rats
*** Willow

Come to think of it, any spot with Sam in it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some of mine:
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Disapearing Clues
  • Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavour on the Bedpost Overnight?
  • May You Always
  • New York State of Mind
  • English Country Garden
  • Borneo
  • Waiting at the Church
  • Daddy Wouldn't Buy Me a Bow-Wow
  • Honeysuckle Rose
  • Mack the Knife
  • Feelings
  • Danny Boy
  • I'm So Happy

I like the simple set-up of many of these, and I have heard that they were normally low-budget and shot in one take. But as low budget as they might have been a lot are really impressive. Some seem experimental, like Feelings and Danny Boy, but then the American broadcasts had a lot experimental stuff as well. And of course they had to get music rights, and a lot of these were songs. Some of the Electric Mayhem UK spots seem very impressive. I guess it's good that they wanted the UK-only audience to get some quality entertainment that the Americans couldn't see (I wonder if Jim knew during production that fans would eventually be able to see these bits).