Favorite Muppets Tonight Characters!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I watched Muppets Tonight from the beginning. Happy to see the Muppets back in prime time. While it took some getting used to adjusting to the new format, eventually the show (and the new characters) grew on me. I do wish we saw more of the "stage" acts, though. Clifford would usually introduce an act, we'd see the very beginning of it, then we'd cut back to the control room. This was somewhat jarring at first, but again, I got used to it.

Anyway, the new characters I instantly warmed to were

Johnny Fiamma
Sal
Pepe
Dr. Phil Van Neuter (loved "Tales from the Vet")
Yeah! I saw the show from the beginning as well, and it did take some getting used to for me. But I'm with most everybody else here and am gonna go with Pepe, Sal, Bobo, and Johnny.

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
Bobo The Bear
Techniqly, he isn't a Muppets Tonight Muppet, he appeared in Muppets Take Manhaten.
Andy & Randy Pig
Not sure, but didn't they appear in Muppet Classic Theater first?
He was in the JimHensonHour first... So I don't count him as a MT muppet...
Rizzo The Rat
Well, if you count his naked time in TMS, and then appeareing in shirts in RMH, MTM, and GMC, then getting the jacket in JHH, and MCT, I defenitly don't count Rizzo as a MT character..
Once more, don't count him... He appeared as a semi minor character in the Muppet Show...
He was made for MTI, but gained a vest.
Howard Tubman
He was one of the Native pigs from Muppet TI.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Techniqly, he isn't a Muppets Tonight Muppet, he appeared in Muppets Take Manhaten.

He was made for MTI, but gained a vest.

He was one of the Native pigs from Muppet TI.

Bobo wasn't in The Muppets Take Manhattan.. that was just a nameless bear whose puppet was modified and turned into Bobo, specifically for Muppets Tonight!

Sal & Howard Tubman both appear in Muppet Treasure Island but didn't gain their current performers, names, or personalities until Muppets Tonight!, so they should certainly count as Muppets Tonight! characters

For that matter, why shouldn't characters who appeared earlier also count? .. by your logic, Kermit & Rowlf wouldn't be considered Muppet Show characters

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
My favorite Muppets Tonight Characters

I liked all of the different new characters that Muppets Tonight brought to a new generation, and to the families who already knew about the muppets. :halo: :smile: :halo:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Zippity Zap. I always use him in the Muppet stories I write. He may not have a big part as other characters, but he'll get some stuff to do.

I think Zippity is supposed to be a frog? Right?

ploobis

Reaction score
Zippity Zap. I always use him in the Muppet stories I write. He may not have a big part as other characters, but he'll get some stuff to do.

I think Zippity is supposed to be a frog? Right?
I think he is a Whatnot.

Barbarella

Reaction score
I don't think I ever saw a full episode of Muppets Tonight- Not sure where I was when it was on. Anyway, Pepe is my favorite from that show!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyway, the new characters I instantly warmed to were

Johnny Fiamma
Sal
Pepe
Dr. Phil Van Neuter (loved "Tales from the Vet")
Heh, me too. I'm not a fan of any of the other new ones they created, especially the pigs. I mean, Pamella Anderson needs to be made fun of, but they could have done much better.