Favorite Frank Oz muppets

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
It's gotta be Grover for me, I think. If Yoda counted, he'd be a close second. :smile:
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
FOZZIE!!!!!! He's definately the first!!!!

Also, Animal, Prof. Hastings, Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, uhh.... Piggy of course, Aw... Sam the Eagle, and.. Okay, pretty much all his characters.

And does Yoda count as a Muppet? Everyone is split. Most people say he is, the rest says he's not! And if he's not, but we still count him because he's a Frank Oz characte, do John Lovelady and Kevin Clash characters count as Muppets, even though they aren't???

I'm confused!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HIYA!

I won't say who my favorite is...I think it's quite obvious, huh??

FOZ

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
Yoda isn't a muppet.

WHAT? Judge him by his size, do you? Too big, you say, for a Muppet? Not FOAMY enough, think you? You must UNLEARN what you have LEARNED!

:big_grin:

-SPEEGS

beaker

Reaction score
What a great question. Being of a senior elite Muppeteer status all these decades, he has really been beyond profound for all us fans. His directorial debut MTM is by far my fave(and what I'd consider the best Muppet film ever) of the films, and all Star Wars fans recognize he is the guy behind one of Star Wars's main characters.

As far as Yoda, there is zero debate. Yoda by definition is NOT a Muppet...he is foremost a Star Wars character, and second a Creature Shop character(like Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Storyteller)
I don't think thats open for debate in a owndership, artistic, or fan sense. I think Flat Eric is more a JHC character than Yoda.

Now, my fave Oz Muppet. Well being as he performs virtually all of the main Muppets, and key Sesame characters, its a tough one.
One of my 'as a hardcore Muppet fanboy' faves, "The Mighty Favog" would be one. I would have to say Fozzie or Cookie Monster though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Was Yoda made by the JH Creature shop? Some people say he was, some people say he wasn't!