• Grover

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Bert

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
There are threads for David Rudman and Caroll Spinney, but not one for Frank.

Out of the three characters, do you prefer Cookie Monster, Bert, or Grover?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly it's a tie between Grover and Cookie Monster for me, but I guess I'll go with Grover just because of his Looney personality.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Grover is simply the best, and almost the best Frank Oz character of all.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
It's gonna have to be Grover for me too. I also like Bert, Cookie Monster, and Fozzie.

wiley207

Reaction score
Definitely Grover. But I've noticed how Frank Oz has a tendency to ham up virtually all Muppet characters he performs, including on "Sesame Street." Grover has many hammy moments, but so does Cookie Monster, and Bert sometimes does as well. And then there's all those minor and one-off characters Frank Oz has performed on the show over the years where he'd ham it up and make the sketch even more fun to watch; my favorite is probably when he performed Pinocchio in that 1976 News Flash segment.
Maybe it's because his voice work isn't as versatile as other Muppet performers (I mean, look at how nearly all his female characters have that same Miss Piggy falsetto voice!), so he focuses more on the drama and acting aspect of performing a Muppet character. He sure does a great job with it!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Petition to ban everyone who didn't vote for Cookie Monster.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
UGH, this is so hard! I think I'll have to go with Grover in the end though, even though I also really love both Bert and Cookie Monster. :insatiable::super::frown: