Fast Motion Segments

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I remember there being occasional segments that had characters on fast motion videotape with fast music.These segments scared me as a child,but my perspective has changed since then.How many of these episodes do you remember?Here are some I remember most:Big Bird racing around his nest building something,I can't remember what it was,but at the end you hear him say"Me".:In what appaered as a blank studio set,Bob and Lewiess got together building a train track with a large tunnell.Once their train track and tunnell is complete,we suddenly hear a train whistle.Then in slow motion,Bob and Lewiess look to the camera with a look of surprise on their faces.Next thing we know a huge train comes out of the tunnell.:In a city park setting,Maria was all dressed up in a Charlie Chaplin outfit,performing a Charlie Chaplin kind of segment,with music provided by old fashioned piano music. :flirt: :halo:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the train one witch was on video certainly scared me at the time but it's certainly funny.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
My favorite one would have to be the one where Bob, Linda and Luis put together a lowercase H. (Did Raposo do the music for that? It's FUNKY! :big_grin:)

dinoboy

Reaction score
personaly, I do remember a bunch, however my ultimate faves were the ones featuring Maria, especially if she was attempting to put together a letter with other people.
The music was great, and seeing her in that fast motion speed really made her look good. In an early clip, she was the champion runner and brought out 3 chairs and placed them all in a row. I thought she looked good in the outfit she wore for that clip. Of course it the the 1970's, and they were more daring and took risks upon making movies for the show.

Frodis

Reaction score
I remember there being occasional segments that had characters on fast motion videotape with fast music.These segments scared me as a child,but my perspective has changed since then.How many of these episodes do you remember?Here are some I remember most:Big Bird racing around his nest building something,I can't remember what it was,but at the end you hear him say"Me".
I remember this one. I'm pretty sure he builds a bird out of some junk. This must have been an early 70's sketch, but they definitely repeated it into the 80's. I recall noticing that Big Bird looked "different" in this bit as opposed to how he looked on the street segments at the time. I'm guessing this clip hasn't turned up anywhere yet.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
One of the fast motion segment I remembered was this old film of a house being built. It had nice African background music.

Neros Urameshi

Reaction score
In my honest opinion, I think Big Bird's been in the most fast motion segments. Wish I had a list of which ones.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'd definitely say my favorite fast-motion skit was with Ernie cleaning up the room.... All for Bert's cookies and ice cream. :big_grin: