Farscape - Comic Continuations

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I need help organizing my collection. I want to keep it all in order because I'm FINALLY making my way through the series thanks to the world of Netflix.

When I get finished and have viewed The Peacekeeper Wars, I'm going to plan on starting reading the comics.

What is the proper reading order of the titles to fit them into continuity (proper timeline in story telling) and where can I get everything?

I know someone here has to be a BIG "geek" about this ("geek" in the loveable sense, obviously, since it's me posting such a thing!) and can actually tell me good information to keep me in the "know."

Love ya's! Kev.

dwmckim

Reaction score
...and trust me, after you've finished PK Wars, you'll definately be hungry for more!

You may have to do some digging around various comic shops (online and "real) as well as Amazon to find them all (many have been compiled in four issue books which may be easier and more economical to find.)

Here's the order the comic arcs were released in...these also generally follow chronological order except for the D'Argo Tales which are backstories so you could either choose to read those on the below order like how they were originally released or you might prefer to read them before the others...

-Original Farscape 4 issue series (aka "The Beginning of the End of The Beginning") 4 issues
- Farscape: "Strange Detractors" 4 issues
- Farscape: "D'Argo's Lament" 4 issues (takes place in season 3 after "Fractures")
- Farscape: "Gone and Back" 4 issues
- Farscape: "D'Argo's Trial" 4 issues (framing sequence takes place after season 3 finale; main story predates Farscape tv series)
- Farscape #1-4 (aka "Tangled Roots" - at this point Farscape becomes its own ongoing comic instead of independant 4 issue releases)
- Farscape: "D'Argo's Quest" (follow up to "D'Argo's Trial") 4 issues
- Farscape #5-8 (aka "Red Sky at Morning")
- Farscape: Scorpius #0-3
- Farscape #9-12 (aka "Compulsions")
- Farscape: Scorpius #4-7 (aka "Glorious Basterds")
- Farscape #13-24 (aka "The War for the Uncharted Territories")
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited to add:

Although some are sold out, other issues are still available through boom-studios.com

Regarding the graphic novel 4 issue compilations: they're labeled "Volume 1, volume 2, etc" so it makes it a little easier to keep track of order those should be read. All the Dargo and Scorpius titles have come out in graphic novel form. Farscape Volume 7 (making up Farscape #13-16) is the most recent compilation to have been released with volume 8 (Farscape #17-20) to be released July 3rd) - so you may want to look for the graphic novel releases on amazon and hunt down the individual issues of #17-24.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Thanks for the list, even though I'm not the one who asked for it. This is something I want in the worst way. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Awesome news, DW! Thanks for keeping me on my toes with that knowledge.
What stinks is that I got into it all too late. At MuppetFest I didn't care about Farscape, and they were all there. Now, I hate myself for being that close to greatness and I missed it.

RedPiggy: Don't buy 'em all up! HA HA!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I managed to get 2 non-consecutive ones yesterday for free. I hope I can just jump in and read these without getting horribly confused. I HATE when I pick up a comic book and just go, "HUH?!?!" It's great for continuity and fans that follow the comics since the beginning, but a pain in the neck for those who are more casual.