Fan Poll: Favorite Sesame Street Christmas Production

What is your favorite Sesame Street Christmas production?

• A Sesame Street Christmas Carol (2006)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Special Sesame Street Christmas (1978)

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Christmas Eve on Sesame Street (1978)

Votes: 45 84.9%
  • Elmo Saves Christmas (1996)

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Elmo's Christmas Countdown (2007)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Elmo's World: Happy Holidays (2002)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sesamekid75

Reaction score
Christmas Eve on Sesame Street is one of my most favorite specials! :smile: How many kids have worried about how Santa Claus gets down skinny little chimneys, or into homes with no chimneys? And I love Bob's advice to get me through the post-Christmas letdown: "Think of this Christmas day when Christmas is far away."
I think seven people have worried about it or even tried to go down the chimney to see what would happen! Big Bird thought Santa could hold his breath and that's how he'd get down. When I was little I didn't worry too much about it, though. I did have a little plastic toy Santa that I thought should go down a skinny plastic chimney in the story, to match everything. And when I was little I thought the television set was operated by little characters you could plug and unplug if you wanted it to work. Not until I discovered the on off switch did I realize that my plan to hide the news characters so I could watch Sesame Street instead of my parents' boring old news shows would be a fail!