Fan Poll: Favorite Christmas Menu

Which Muppet Central holiday menus is your favorite?

• [url=http://forum.muppetcentral.com/_temp/mfc_menu01.jpg]Muppet Family Christmas[/url]

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • [url=http://forum.muppetcentral.com/_temp/marleys_menu02.jpg]Marley & Marley[/url]

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • [url=http://forum.muppetcentral.com/_temp/emmet_menu03.jpg]Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas[/url]

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • [url=http://forum.muppetcentral.com/_temp/mscrooge_menu05.jpg]Moulin Scrooge[/url]

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • [url=http://forum.muppetcentral.com/_temp/choir_menu04.jpg]All Cast Choir[/url]

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • [url=http://forum.muppetcentral.com/_temp/mcc_menu06.jpg]Muppet Christmas Carol[/url]

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Moulin Scrooge wins! The menu will be on-line through December 31st! Thanks to everyone who voted. Check out the poll to see how the other menus did. Your feedback has been very helpful.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
The Marleys were great, but when we got a new MCC menu with the Marleys AND everyone else...well, I guess that's why it didn't do as well as the others.

I know Jamie put a lot of work into the Cast Choir, so I was hoping that would get more votes. However, two other menus stole my heart.

I loved the Moulin Scrooge and was THIS CLOSE to voting for it. Then I saw the MCC menu. The floating ghost of Christmas Past...the way the ghost of C. Present would DISAPPEAR when you moved the mouse away...when Gonzo's eyebrows raised at me, that had me. My vote was sealed. (It was probably a simple trick, but it was very characteristic of Gonzo. He felt alive, or like I was controlling him myself!)

But the winner is definitely a worthy choice. :smile:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I voted Moulin Scrooge!! (I'm pretty sure anyhow).

I wonder, which one did Jamie like best of all?

FOZ

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
My vote was for Scrooge as well. It had so much going for it.

-Fozzie with a handlebar mustache

-A sparkling Piggy

-Penguins

-Fairy Robin

-Pepe

-The rising curtain

-Janice can-can dancing

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Tahee hee. I actually voted (not that it matters) for Moulin Scrooge. Heck, I'm a member of this forum too and that was my personal fave because of how it worked out. Collecting all of the very current photos (from Phil), cleaning them up and pulling it off with such little time. My other fave has to be MCC and Emmet Otter (in that order). I also liked the Marleys and thought it would be my favorite when I created it (the first one made BTW) but I'm glad someone voted for the poor guys. Even in death, the Marleys can't catch a break. Ho-humbug! LOL!

I liked the Muppet Family Christmas one, but wasn't thrilled. My least fave was the choir. It was difficult to make, but was a band-aid solution instead of a planned-out menu. I had something much better worked out, but didn't have the time. I still like it, but I'm glad it didn't win. Just seemed like something was missing.

Okay, well, here it is guys. This link will only be up for a few days so catch it while you can. CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL OF THE HOLIDAY MENUS IN ACTION! I wasn't going to post this, but felt that - since this is the first year of our doing this - we really had to show them all one last time. I sent this link out to a few of my school pals. There will be a lot more, and these, next year! No, I didn't forget the Bells of Fraggle Rock or Christmas on Sesame Street, I just didn't have the time to make them work. I have a whole year now.

Merry Christmas and look out for the New Years menu. I think some of you guys will really like it!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I somehow was guessing you'd like the Moulin Scrooge one, Jamie. Must be an artist thing, cause it was my fave, too.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Jamie

Steve-LOL! Didn't use oil for the ghost. Too messy. Went with simple shape tween.
You ment Zack right Jamie?:smile:

I voted for Moulin scrooge too! I'm happy it won! the constaly spining windmill and the blinking plus the falling snow is fantasic, and not to forget all the great characters!

It was also great because it was based on a movie that just aired at the end of November. hey i also just noticed Rizzo in the Muppet carolers menu, i guess i just missed him before when he gets covered with the muppet central sign.

Zack)Rowlf the, hope everyone had a happy hoilday and have a great new year!Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oops. Sorry Zach. Didn't go back and check who wrote that. (Smacks self) Yeah, I have to remember to add a few frames to the head of these menus. The beginning is often cut short when placed on the page. but plays normally when it stands alone.

I have another question. How about loading time? I check all of my work on a 56k modem and it shows up fine, but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered an issue. I recently checked a site with a flash element that took 12 seconds to load on DSL and a cable modem! It was 2 minutes on the dial-up. I try to avoid that with some flash strategy so your input really helps. It's funny because different computers yield different results. It seems we have a good success rate so far.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Don't worry about, it's alright you were trying to post to like 7 people at the same time so it's ok.

loading is pretty good for me about 12 seconds, some pop up sooner, and this is very funny because i think my computer is junk and takes forever when loading things....so great job jamie!