Fan Fiction: Hurricane on Sesame Street

wiley207

Reaction score
Sesame Street Presents: The Hurricane Part 1

We start on Big Bird in his nest. He sees Ernie going by.

Big Bird: Hey, Ernie. Where are you go…

Suddenly, we cut to a black background. We see a puffy cloud outline that’s white. There are wind lines on the top left of the cloud. Around and on the cloud, yellow stars sit there. Stuck in the middle of the cloud, there is a red lightning bolt. The words “NEWS FLASH” in white are curved on the cloud.

Music: Sesame Street News Flash logo music

Announcer: We take you now to Kermit the Frog with another fast-breaking news story.

Fade to Sesame Street block. Everyone is casually walking around. Kermit the Frog wears a trench coat and fedora hat and is holding a microphone talking to someone off screen.

Kermit: So, how long until the hurricane hits? What, you’re saying it’s on camera? Oh, I’M on camera. (turns to camera) Hi-ho, Kermit the Frog here, Sesame Street News/Weather reporter, warning all the folks that a hurricane is approaching and fast. No one seems to care, until in about a few seconds, when the air-raid siren will sound to warn everyone about the approaching danger.

The siren goes off. Everyone runs around in a panic. The skies begin to darken. We hear a low growling of thunder. The wind starts to pick up. A man on an umbrella floats by.

Umbrella man: I LOVE HURRICANES!

Kermit struggles to keep up with the wind.

Kermit: So, everyone must go over to Sesame Street Elementary gymnasium for cover until the hurricane passes. (It starts to rain.) Now it’s raining. Sheesh. I guess I’d better… (the wind knocks down the news camera and we see static)

Now we’re in the gymnasium. Almost every Muppet is there. Grover comes out of a telephone booth in the lobby in his Super Grover outfit.

Music: Fanfare.

Grover: SU… per Groverrrr! (he flies to the gym) Have no fear, everyone! I, Super Grover, will take care of this nasty old hurricane! Up, up, and… (his mom grabs him)

Grover’s Mom: Dear, you can’t go out until they say it’s safe. Take a look at the weather!

Super Grover looks out the window. Zoe is there, too.

Count: Aha! One, two! Two monsters looking out the window! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Lightning flashes outside with a loud crackle of thunder and it scares Zoe and Super Grover.

Grover and Zoe: YIKES!

Elmo: Elmo need supper.

Big Bird: Well, we can only survive on cookies.

Cookie Monster: COOKIES! (Um-mum-mum-yum-yum-yum) Oooog, me don’t feel good. (runs to bathroom) BLAH!

SFX: [SPLASH!]

To Be Continued…

Mister Fred

Reaction score
This is an EXCELLENT thing that could be used on sesame street. I had thought of another fan fiction : a car crash or bus crash on sesame street.
Many of the muppets that have not been on in ages (Don Music, Sully, Dr.Nobel Price, etc) could be on the bus or in a car. I have not thought of how it could go but I'll have to think about it. I really like reading about the hurricane on sesame street. How about a FLOOD! on sesame street. It is important for children to learn about these disasters so they are prepared if they are involved in them. Sesame Street has had disasters like a building on fire but nothing like these. I would also like to see a segment on swimming pool saftey. I was watching Mister Rogers one day and he looked right at the camera, raised his voice and said, Now berfore we have some make believe, I want to tell you something. He then raises his voice and says, A SWIMMING POOL IS NOT A PLACE TO PLAY IN. IF YOU GO IN ONE, YOU MUST ALWAYS GO IN WITH A GROWNUP. He said this cause in the make believe neighborhood, they were digging a hole for a swimming pool.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Didn't they have a hurricane on SS already?

But, yeah a bus crash would be good. With a nice load of blood and...*looks around* what?

Splurge

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
:big_grin:

But, yeah a bus crash would be good. With a nice load of blood and...*looks around* what?
.... a container of milk and a stick of butter?

(I'm probably digging myself into a grave with that one.)

Tera

Reaction score
Yeah, they did have a hurricane. It was the episode that Biography for Kids filmed. Big Bird's nest gets destroyed, and Sesame Stree comes together to clean up the mess.

I don't think a flood would be a good disaster to use. Coming from the land of hurricanes and floods (sunny FL), winds make a much more intesesting visual. Also, it was easier logistically to throw branches and trash all over the SS set than to flood it.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
Crash!

I live in Florida too, like tera. I have been here 5 years and have not seen a hurricane yet but there has been flooding nearby. My house is not in a flood zone and I sort of live on a hill. I think a bus and/or car crash could be a better thing than a hurricane. Maybe it can be a bus loaded with old muppets & the car can be OSCARS TAXI! Does anyone remember his car? After the crash, neighbors can rush out to help, someone in hoopers store can call for help. In addittion to the fire department, police, and ambulance responding how about a helicopter or two. In Florida where I live, a bayflight medical helicopter is called to almost every car crash and the injured are flown down to a hospital in Tampa or St.Petersburg. I think in this fiction crash, there should be friendly fireman & paramedics showing how caring they are & reasurring that they will take good care of whoever is injured ( I don't know how that should go). This is very important for children to learn that fireman & paramedics are not scary people & that there job is to help people. Maybe even a scene at the hospital. Bring back the cast that played Dr. Mud ( slimey's doctor) and Dr. Sing (the doctor telly saw when he hurt his arm). Can anyone help me out with this plot? How bad the crash? Who gets injured? Does the bus turn over or does oscars taxi catch fire?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think that Oscar's car burning up is too scarey, but a bus crash is cool. Hey, I went on a bus yesterday, and was most surprised to see no straps! I'm glad it didn't crash...