Pleaasseeeee...?

I won't mock you!
Besides, what's so funny about a cultural background? :smile:

*Snug*
WHEEEEEEEE!

[Edit: Darn, now my post don't make sense at all. :wink: ]

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Nope, he and the others drew the plans according to someone else's designs.

The blame falls on H&W for using sub-par iron for the rivets, the crew for not getting the message about icebergs in the area up to the bridge on time, and the company director for wanting the Titanic to make a dramatic early arrival in New York.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Great thread, Dave!

My heritage is Scottish and French-Canadian, on both my parent's sides, actually, which is bizarre. I do know that one of my relatives a great (x4 or 5) grandfather (whose last name I share) was a home child from Scotland. A generation or two before that, the family was actually living in Ireland. Not sure why we were kicked out! :stick_out_tongue:

The scots married into french-canadian families, and they've all been french-speaking up until my parents generation, which is why my first language is english. Also, there is enough First Nations mixed into the french side of the family that you can see it in old photos of relatives, but it's very diluted now.

According to my dad, being short and rather feisty/argumentative runs in the family! And we're all really good at making things up off the top of our head and talking our way out of things. Who knew traits like that could run in a family? :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Italian on both sides, Sicilian on Dad's side (and I don't want to hear about the Sopranos thank you, lol). Also a little Spanish and German. We think possibly Asian but we'd have to look into it.