Facebook Muppets Fan-Athon

beaker

Reaction score
I love facebook. Anytime I meet someone cool at a show or out and about, I know pretty much know we can exchange stuff on facebook. Sure its gotten a big uh, big brothery...

But Im with DW...While Im alls about getting the word out on the film, this is just lame.

Why not make a REAL fan event? Like at Disneyland or WDW?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Even if they do manage to get the required insane number of likes to generate a reward, it's not like everyone who took part is being rewarded...just a few people would be getting free tickets to advance screenings. And of those people that win those tickets, are they in their area or to they have to travel and pay for said travel to see that "free" screening?
It would be interesting if they gave out a bazillion free tickets and paid for a bazillion people's travel expenses for a free screening. That'd be a cool way for us all to meet (though even if I happened to win I doubt I'd be able to get off work at that time of year), but it'd probably also cause Disney to lose money off the movie, unless Disney was confident that everybody would pay money to see it in theaters a second time.

Frogster

Reaction score
If you really wanted to have a big announcement, tell people it's coming to theaters October 23rd, and don't waste time where the ultimate goal is getting a few people to click on a "Like" button. Disappointed. I was hoping maybe we would at least see a complete tally of all the celebrities in the film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd be happy with SOME new Muppet viral of some sort. That stuff speaks louder than Facebook likes.

Come on, can't you just see a Muppet Twist of this old internet meme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA

Come on, Muppets... if you can take a mumbly sounding song from a European documentary and turn it into a signature Muppet hit, you HAVE to turn that into the greatest internet video ever!

beaker

Reaction score
So loving this video. Keep forgetting Piggy is just a puppet, she's presented so normally

piggyinmanhatte

Reaction score
Does anyone else dislike the "tell your friends they look like a Muppet" bit? Yeah, like I really want to tell someone they look like a pig...as much as I like her...