Facebook Muppets Fan-Athon

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Liked it shared it on my facebook...interested to see how many "likes" this gets. The sneak peak is an awesome incentive.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Very "meh" on this. It's a cheap stunt generated to get people liking their page with no real benefit. Even if they do manage to get the required insane number of likes to generate a reward, it's not like everyone who took part is being rewarded...just a few people would be getting free tickets to advance screenings. And of those people that win those tickets, are they in their area or to they have to travel and pay for said travel to see that "free" screening?

The epitome of all that's wrong with empty Facebook culture. But i will at least give them props for doing something similar in theme to the movie (having a goal of getting a million viewers to save the theatre) but there would have been a BaZillion ways to do it better.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this. A few days ago it was said that something big about the Muppets was going to be announced, and I honeslty hope that this isn't it. I was hoping for something more along the lines of announcing every tie-in to the movie that we didn't already know about, or an official announcement regarding the fourth season on DVD, or maybe TV broadcasts of various Muppet productions (if not a new TV project).

And in a somewhat unrealistic desire, I was hoping maybe they'd announce releasing every Muppet production ever made (that Disney owns) being released on TV, DVD, and/or digitally.

dwmckim

Reaction score
'Fraid this is the big announcement. Fail times a BaZillion.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
while i understand the disappointing nature remember this is the probably the future of movie advertisement....everything is on the internet i see movie trailers online now before they even hit theaters, when i was a kid if i wanted to see a trailer i had to go watch a movie....TV,DVDS, Movies,toys Book and everything does this now ,a simple "like" on facebook sorta falls under the word of mouth publicity thing..one person sees it and gets the ball rolling, Myspace used to do it too back when they where alive

i know i know alot of it falls into the age difference nature about computer things, but it is what it is, down the line when facebook is gone the new social networking site will do the same thing for future movies

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd never bother with Facepagebook anyway. I almost did so I could friend Jon Arbuckle (Garfield had an official Jon facebook page) and never got around to it. I had a Myspace I checked once every 3 months that got old quick. Not for me.

If this at least gets it word of mouth, than that's the silver lining... I don't think it's going to work out like that. You'd think they'd give you an exclusive wall paper or downloadable something if you participate.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Honestly, I just love that they are doing a Gaga-esque takeover of Social Media! Good luck to them, say I. I just hope that they keep it up and it doesn't just drop off once the Movie media advertising fades out. :smile: