Exhibit - Jim Henson's Fantastic World

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I miss the exhibit already! I wish they'd have done some kind of gala opening here. I love those--when I can afford them.

Jrogers51375

Reaction score
I went to Jim Henson's Fantastic World while I was on a business trip in Arizona. Lots of great original ideas and concept art was on display. Some muppets on display too, I did take some pictures on my camera phone but was reprimanded for doing it. So if you catch it in another state don't take pictures.

ploobis

Reaction score
Any news on The Jim Henson Fantastic World Tour coming to Washington D.C. or Maryland soon?

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
It actually should be in DC starting in July! I thought about going over there to see it (and still might), but I'm planning more on seeing it when it comes to Orlando in February.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I never understood the 'don't take pictures' policy in exhibits as long as folks were NOT using a flash.

On the other hand, "don't eat the pictures" I totally understand!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I never understood the 'don't take pictures' policy in exhibits as long as folks were NOT using a flash.

On the other hand, "don't eat the pictures" I totally understand!
I know. Pictures of that event would be incredible... :wink:

With this exhibit it's the seeing these puppets live that's the real thrill. Any fan that saw pictures of this event would also plan on going in the future when it comes around. Actually, seeing what's in store for them could actually be good advertising. Or um so I’ve heard. :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree. You know what? I have a pamphlet of the event. Maybe I should upload that to the internet somewhere so folks can see what's there and plan to go?

Because, I don't know anybody with pictures of the exhibit to get those uploaded.

Yes, maybe I can scan and upload the pamphlet.

DTWolf

Reaction score
NPR's All Things Considered ran a segment on this exhibit today. You can listen to the segment, which includes a sort of brief audio tour, at:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92502872

This page includes a one-minute clip from Jim's Time Piece in a split-screen format showing the finished work and the storyboards together.

zns

Reaction score
Wonderful. I've gotta see that exhibit at once.