Every Muppet Show Episode on VCD

brs72

Reaction score
kustomboy, do you have much experience dealing with vcd's? Not all vcd's are crap. I've been doing vcds for about 3 years now, and I could show you some of mine that are definately much better than any vhs tape that you might have.
While I agree that sometimes they can come out crappy, it all depends on the source material, and how it's captured/transfered to the computer.
I have fraggles on vcd, that I've converted to DVD, and the quality is great for both on my 27" Panasonic TV.
I'd hate to think that someone wouldn't want to trade anything that I had just because of any misconceptions about vcds.
That's just my 2 cents.
Thanks,
Bill

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i've seen some good VCD's but the majority are usually poor quality. People should always learn the quality and source before buying - although even if a VCD was well done, and time spent on it i guess nowadays that time would be better spent transferring to the recordable DVD format instead of the Video Disc but if there wasn't that option i wouldn't be massively put off buying or trading a VCD if it was well put together.

uncleduke

Reaction score
vcdworldwide said:
Off to Ebay i go then......
Cool - let's all keep an eye out so we can report his pirate *** to safe harbor first time they show up!

Jrogers75

Reaction score
Offer for your Vcd Colection

vcdworldwide said:
I have all 120 episodes of the muppet show on vcd. All are excellent quality. Any interest?
I would anything for what you have for the muppet show.

I have the timelife collection 1-15, is this what this is or is it every muppet show ever made?

vcdworldwide

Reaction score
Jrogers75 said:
I would anything for what you have for the muppet show.

I have the timelife collection 1-15, is this what this is or is it every muppet show ever made?

It's everything, all 120 episodes, the 2 pilots, specials, all muppets tonight, every movie.....
..basically everything.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While we do encourage merchandise and tape trading, out of respect for the copyrights of the Jim Henson Company out-of-print videos, homemade VCD's and DVD's may not be sold for profit on our forum. After a warning, advertising such illegal material for profit will lead to suspension of your account. In some cases, we may forward your account information directly to Henson for them to investigate further.

Many of the items being sold here are also currently available: the movies, 45 episodes of the Muppet Show and some of the specials.

Jrogers75

Reaction score
vcdworldwide said:
It's everything, all 120 episodes, the 2 pilots, specials, all muppets tonight, every movie.....
..basically everything.

Well if you could email me off the forum, so we could further discuss details I would appreciate it.

Jrogers75

Reaction score
brs72 said:
kustomboy, do you have much experience dealing with vcd's? Not all vcd's are crap. I've been doing vcds for about 3 years now, and I could show you some of mine that are definately much better than any vhs tape that you might have.
While I agree that sometimes they can come out crappy, it all depends on the source material, and how it's captured/transfered to the computer.
I have fraggles on vcd, that I've converted to DVD, and the quality is great for both on my 27" Panasonic TV.
I'd hate to think that someone wouldn't want to trade anything that I had just because of any misconceptions about vcds.
That's just my 2 cents.
Thanks,
Bill
I agree with Bill, maybe if it was Starwars or Lord Of The Rings, I might care but the Muppet Show has never relied on multi millon dollar special effects or surround sound.

I have a few muppets clips on vcd and they look great and sound great, it's amazing that someone would care about perfection that much.... I would rather have something, rather then nothing from some of the hard to find Muppet stuff out there.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
ya know I had a person recently e-mail me and offered me the whole series of The Raccoons eps (60) and all four specails for free! That was soooooo nice of them! I'm aching with joy!! :smile:

Zack,

kustomboy

Reaction score
brs72 said:
I do have experience dealing with vcd's. I agree that a vcd of a Master VHS is probably better than a 25 generation video tape, but I'd rather have a 1st generation VHS tape than a VCD of the Master. VCD's are an extremely compressed format. They take 1 hour of video and 1 hour of audio and shove it on to a cd. I trade live concerts and most people refuse to touch anything mp3 sourced because an mp3 (even at 320) is compressed audio, heck some people refuse to trade for a cd-r that is more than 5 generations from the master copy because of the fear of burning errors. Now take the audio from a vhs tape and compress it enough so that the audio and the accompanying video can fit on one cd. Compressing both the audio and the video to fit on a cd-r can not result in the VCD looking and sounding better than the VHS Master. I find it hard to believe that a VCD from a master VHS could look better than a first generation VHS tape. Until we have HD-DVD a DVD+/-R is the closest we can get to a lossless transfer but even that is compressing the data from the video tape so there is some quality loss.

You may find this overly anal, but I'm just stating the facts. If you enjoy your VCD's that's fine. I personally can't stand them. If you want to trade for VCD's that's fine, but some people need to know that VCD's are not a perfect format. I would hate to see someone dish out a bunch of $$$ for some VCD's and expect them to look great.

I have offered my services of putting muppet stuff on DVD-R for people with no luck, that's fine. Idealy it would be nice to have some low generation muppet specials on dvd-r with full menus and scene selection. I personally would like to see these videos saved in the highest quality possible and to remove video generation loss from the picture. But to me VCD's are not the answer, and maybe DVD-R's aren't either, but i'd rather have an hour of audio/video encoded to fit 4.7GB than 700MB. DVD burners are becoming cheaper every month as well as DVD+/-R media (10 discs for $20 ain't bad). Wouldn't it be nice to have DVD-R's of all of this stuff instead of VHS tapes? I can see the urge to get quick gratification from VCD's but I personally will hold out until someone (me or someone else) can transfer them to dvd. Ideally Henson would put this stuff out sooner or later, and if they do I'll buy them, but until than we as a community should try to save this stuff in the highest quality possible and VCD's are not the highest quality possible.
my 2 cents,
Grant
p.s. none of this is meant to be a personal attack on anyone, I'm just putting my view on the table. If you can prove me wrong, do it! I'm open to changing my mind on VCD's if the facts are there to prove it.