Ever dream of meeting a performer?

christyb

Reaction score
A dream of mine is to watch the performers work. I mean just to be able to sit there and watch them create a movie or whatever. Ahhhhh....heaven :smile:.

oobislikeme

Reaction score
I kind of did...

I am from Rehoboth Beach, Delaware and whom I believe to be the town's most infamous and lovable person, played Miss Piggy on roller skates (and other small bits here and there) in the movie The Muppets Take Manhattan. Her name is Cheryl Blackman. I had the pleasure one Christmas Eve of waiting on her and her family (I was a waitress) and she actually carries with her several photo albums of her what she would call "adventures" with the whole Henson gang. To me they were/are adventures. She has the mind of a child and heart twice as big. I will always consider myself lucky to have had a chance to meet her and live around such a delightful person such as her. Also, she had some truly awesome photos of her with Frank Oz, Jim Henson, and other Henson folk. :smile:

MeepEeep

Reaction score
I think if I were to meet Jim Henson, Frank Oz and the other Muppet people, I wouldn't be as nervous as I usually am towards celebrities. One of the nice things, is it seems all the people who work on Henson's projects, seem really down to Earth and approchable.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Wow that would be absolutly amazing to meet anybody in the Muppet family. I would be like so totally speechless and in awe. Anyways on to my dream. I had this dream like a year or two ago I wanna say but what I remember from it was I had just gotten hired as a Muppeteer and I was in some sort of puppetry training class with Steve Whitmire and Dave Goelz along with other random people. I don't remember any conversations or anything but I totally just woke up with this warm and fuzzy feeling as cheesy as that sounds. It was one of those dreams I woke up from and so wished it was real and felt like for a second it was. I don't think I'll ever forget that dream.

SlamPot

Reaction score
I did meet Jim a few times when I worked in the London Creature Shop in the 80s. He seemed a very nice guy, quiet, shy and generous - quite like Kermit!
When he was working on a movie set, however, he sounded more like Rowlf the Dog, barking his commands with enthusiasm and energy. Only two sides of the same great multifaceted personality, I suppose.
A very sad loss.

Whatever

Reaction score
Last night I dreamed that my art history professor was talking to me in German and that she rolled her "R"s much better than I do.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I had a dream about a week ago that I got a reply from Frank Oz, that said thank you for the letter and cassette of me singing like Miss Piggy. he said I'd make a very exellent replacement for Mis Piggy's voice!

(I never actually wrote to Frank, or sent such an embaressing casette, BTW)

Also, SlamPot, nice to see a JHC insider around here again!

__

Interprited for things that go meep in the night:

Mee. Meep. Mee, mou, mee. Mee (sp?) mee moo. Mee-ee-ee-ee?

Xerus

Reaction score
The other night, I had this dream that me and my family were on a ferry boat and I saw Dave Goelz performing Gonzo in front of a crowd. We ended up meeting and had a fun time. He even went back home with us. And then I woke up realizing it was just a dream. But it still felt good.