Ernie & Prairie Dawn

zns

Reaction score
I've just been wondering about this for awhile. Did the CTW writers ever try to put a relationship between Ernie and Prairie Dawn? I've noticed this in the early SSL shows that they performed a number of song and dance duets together. Also, it seems that Prairie has some feelings for Ernie in a way. It's just a thought. And the same goes for Bert and Betty Lou.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've just been wondering about this for awhile. Did the CTW writers ever try to put a relationship between Ernie and Prairie Dawn? I've noticed this in the early SSL shows that they performed a number of song and dance duets together. Also, it seems that Prairie has some feelings for Ernie in a way. It's just a thought. And the same goes for Bert and Betty Lou.
Bert and Betty Lou had something I think :smile:. It almost makes me want to write fanfic, if only to keep the idea alive...

zns

Reaction score
Bert and Betty Lou had something I think :smile:. It almost makes me want to write fanfic, if only to keep the idea alive...
Yeah, and their is a clip on youtube that Guille Gomez put up of those two ice skating together. Betty Lou seems quite taken with Bert. But I wonder how it went for Ernie and Prairie Dawn is what I want to know.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Yeah, and their is a clip on youtube that Guille Gomez put up of those two ice skating together. Betty Lou seems quite taken with Bert. But I wonder how it went for Ernie and Prairie Dawn is what I want to know.
Here's the clip of Bert & Betty Lou ice skating. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT9hCNcENug

And yeah...I agree that it'd be cute seeing Ernie & Prairie together.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I'm desparatly trying not to make the age old "Ernie and Bert are less than straight" joke, but it does seem that Prarie and ernie may be "involved" with each other.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm making it against the rules to ever mention the Ernie and Bert as more than friends theories again. Starting now. The next person who ever does that will have to pay me a fine in the amount of 5 pounds of chocolate chip cookies, and everyone can share.

Especially with Bert singing about his girlfriend in "I want to hold your ear," and the women he danced with on The Muppet Show. I always saw Bert and Betty Lou and Ernie and Prairie Dawn as items for some reason.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Especially with Bert singing about his girlfriend in "I want to hold your ear," and the women he danced with on The Muppet Show. I always saw Bert and Betty Lou and Ernie and Prairie Dawn as items for some reason.
This just made me think of Play With Me Sesame, because both Prarie and Ernie interact on a regular basis. But Prarie Dawn does spend quite some time with a certain cookie-loving monster:insatiable:

zns

Reaction score
I always saw Bert and Betty Lou and Ernie and Prairie Dawn as items for some reason.
There are some books where their is some connection between the two couples. There was a story in a book compilation where Bert has an envelope filled with somethings for all his Sesame Street friends. Of course his friends make fun of him saying that it probably just has a picture of a pigeon in it, but only Betty Lou is eager to see what he has (obviously she has some kinda admiration for Bert in that sequence, and the envelope contains tickets to the circus). I don't know if that helps with Bert and Betty Lou. And as I said earlier, there were some SSL shows were Ernie and Prairie Dawn performed duets together as a couple.

xochval15

Reaction score
Thank You Fozzie! I get so upset when anyone metions or questions Bert and Ernie's relationship. They're Best Friends!