Ernie & Prairie Dawn

mupcollector1

Reaction score
[quote/]Part of me thinks Ernie and Bert meet in college

I'm not really a fanfic type, but one of these days just for fun, I'd like to write a story of how Ernie, needing some additional income, ran a newspaper ad for a roommate, and Bert was the first guy who showed up to see the apartment. (I'd set it in 1965 or something, by the way.:smile:)[/quote]

Yeah I'm not really much of a fanfic person either. Although I've read a Ren & Stimpy creepypasta thing and it was so scary, I wish it was a real made episode.

I can sort of picture Ernie having a paperboy kind of job. Didn't he ask for a job at Mr. Hooper's once?

Anyway other then Bert and Betty Lou ice skating was there any segment with Ernie and Prairie Dawn besides the Sesame Street plays? I loved those, especially when everything went all wrong. Perhaps a bit if influence for The Muppet Show. lol One of my favorites was Bert as the flower and Cookie and Monster eat all the leaves and Bert is struggling to run away "Hey guys, come on, cut it out!" It's always funny when silly things happen to Bert. Even when Ernie doesn't set it up like the sketch where Bert thought Ernie was dressed as a Wolf and it eats the couch. I used to have the storybook of that before I found out it was an actual sketch. :smile:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ernie is 5 or 6. I can't remember. I know Elmo, Zoe and Abby are 3. Rosita, Grover and Baby Bear are 4, Telly is 5, Big Bird is 6 and Prairie and Bert are 7

:stick_out_tongue:
I think Grover is a grown-up monster!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I think Grover is a grown-up monster!
I think most of the original Muppets from Sesame Street were with the exception of Big Bird and kid Muppets like Roosevelt Franklin, Prairie Dawn, Betty Lou, Farley, etc. I also noticed how in the classic episodes it was mainly Big Bird and Oscar that were seen on the street while the other characters would be on there on occasion. On the current Sesame Street, it seems like the today's main characters are more child aged.

Kasey Kockroach

Reaction score
I've always adored her relationship/dynamic with Grover. Their appearances together aren't as common as her with Cookie Monster (another wonderful pairing, for different reasons), but I find the few moments we've seen says enough about what the two are like together. Grover is the only one that at least tries to understand her (whereas others just go along with her aspirations out of courtesy, and I imagine they can even be unintentionally condescending, given that she was just a seven year old girl) and holds genuine respect for her. I always had the feeling that when Prairie first moved to Sesame Street, she came out of the hole that was her shyness through Ernie, then Grover, while in the long run, she became closer to the latter. And with Prairie, she's the only one that appreciates and likes him for who he is, so Grover can just be himself (with others, Grover always feels the need to go to great lengths to win their fondness and respect). To where, so to speak, the two would bring the best out of each other.

Reactions: JLG

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hmmm- Ernie and Prairie Dawn?:stick_out_tongue:
Bert and Betty Lou?:frown:

Considering that I pretty much view all the Sesame Street Muppets (unless clearly indicated otherwsie) as kids, I don't think they would really be dating. However, I could see both these relationships happening, I suppose.
However, I've always thought Betty Lou had something going for Grover.:super:
It doesn't seem like they were paired together a ton on the show (but then- I haven't seen all the classic episodes from 1969 and the '70s and so forth, so I could be wrong on that)- but it seems like I see them paired together most all the time in Sesame Street books.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Of course, I know my "Bert and Ernie as twentysomethings" conflicts with Ernie's doctor sketch mentioned above. Hilarious as that clip is, I just have to discount it. :big_grin:
Like I said, it's like those 30s Porky Pig cartoons, he's whatever age works for him in the sketch. It's probably the same with Grover.