Ernie and Bert in Egypt

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember from "The Best of Ernie and Bert" tape, when Gina is looking through Ernie and Bert's scrapbook with Big Bird and Ernestine, she remarks that Ernie and Bert in Egypt visiting the pyramids was her favorite moment of theirs.

I can't help but wonder if that might have also be Alison Bartlett-O'Reilly's favorite moment in real life as well? I've noticed it seems like often times actors and actresses share some of their characteristics with the characters they play (biggest example I can think of for people of my generation is that Kel Mitchell loves orange soda in real life as much as he did as Kel Kimble on the old Kenan and Kel show), so that just kinda struck me as curious.

quattle

Reaction score
hmm I havnt seen that. When did they go to Egypt? The only thing I can think of is when Bert and Ernie are walking around a tomb and the mummy moves or something and they have egyptian headdresses on and eye make up

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, they're inside a pyramid where they find a pair of statues that bear a striking resemblance to them, and whenever Bert left the room to explore a secret tunnelway, the Ernie statue would come to life which freaked Ernie out, but whenever Bert came back into the main room, the statue would return to normal, which leads Bert to believe Ernie's imagination is running away with him. At one point, Bert suggests that Ernie sing a song to help calm himself down and put himself at ease, so he starts singing "Rubber Ducky", to which the Ernie statue joins him in a duet.

Reaction score
You can see it at SS.com - Click on "Ernie and Bert Explore a Pyramid"

Bert: "Yeah, um. Bye-bye statue, " (laughs).
Egyptian Ernie: "Bye bye,"
Bert :"EEEEEEERNIIIIIEEEEEE!

Cracks me up everytime.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
It may just be part of the script, but yeah- it may well be Allison's personal favorite as well. It's definitely one of my favorite Ernie and Bert sketches- I remember this one well from childhood- it was definitely a bit scary and creepy at first, but I got over that.:frown::stick_out_tongue: