Episode info from trusted sources

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
I've been reading the season 10 completed episode guides and I noticed Sam the Robot was actually in 1315. So apparently he was there longer than I thought as I originally thought he was there from seasons 4 to 7. Also it seems like Frank Oz was still performing his characters in street scenes as late as season 12. But season 13 doesn't have any episodes with them so I'm guessing season 12 was it for frank taking part in street scenes. I'm guessing beginning in season 13 is when he began spending a few days a year on the set in which he spent filming 5 inserts with each of his characters .Making the total 15.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I've been reading the season 10 completed episode guides and I noticed Sam the Robot was actually in 1315. So apparently he was there longer than I thought as I originally thought he was there from seasons 4 to 7. Also it seems like Frank Oz was still performing his characters in street scenes as late as season 12. But season 13 doesn't have any episodes with them so I'm guessing season 12 was it for frank taking part in street scenes. I'm guessing beginning in season 13 is when he began spending a few days a year on the set in which he spent filming 5 inserts with each of his characters .Making the total 15.
What particular episodes of season 12, Frank perform his characters in?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Aw no Grover, Grover is my favorite character performed by Frank Oz.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Must be season 11 was the last to feature Frank's charachters then. As there is a few from that season that aren't reruns with Bert.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been reading the season 10 completed episode guides and I noticed Sam the Robot was actually in 1315. So apparently he was there longer than I thought as I originally thought he was there from seasons 4 to 7.
I have seen that. In fact I also recall seeing Sam the Robot mentioned in one season ten page a long time ago, one that was compiled using CTW Archives material.

Makes me wonder if Brian Meehl really did take over as Sam, which is mentioned in the 40th anniversary book, but that's the only place I know of that has mentioned Meehl's role as the character.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just saw that Muppet Wiki added images to one episode that was compiled thanks to trusted sources and took the "trusted sources" note out. Episode 3366. I wonder if this is the first episode to get images on the wiki after a script was used as the source for the episode page.

EDIT TO ADD: Okay, I just checked the history again, and I saw that the page was actually added back in 2011, long before these scripts made their way to wiki contributors. The "trusted sources" tag was added long after the page was started (from an incomplete copy), but it wasn't started from a trusted source. Still, the "trusted source" thing was there for a while and then taken off as images for every scene were put up.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just saw that Muppet Wiki added images to one episode that was compiled thanks to trusted sources and took the "trusted sources" note out. Episode 3366. I wonder if this is the first episode to get images on the wiki after a script was used as the source for the episode page.

EDIT TO ADD: Okay, I just checked the history again, and I saw that the page was actually added back in 2011, long before these scripts made their way to wiki contributors. The "trusted sources" tag was added long after the page was started (from an incomplete copy), but it wasn't started from a trusted source. Still, the "trusted source" thing was there for a while and then taken off as images for every scene were put up.
If we have video confirmation of the episode, we don't really need that tag, regardless of how it was originally made.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If we have video confirmation of the episode, we don't really need that tag, regardless of how it was originally made.
I know. But for a while I had wondered what episode would be the first to get the "trusted tag" taken out, and was happy to find the first such instance that I noticed (maybe there's some that slipped my radar). I figured it'd be an episode from the 1990s or later.