Entertainment Weekly: Fraggles on the Rack

Foodie

Reaction score
I just picked up the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly ( with Johnny Depp on the cover ) and they have a review of the fraggle DVDs in their new release section. They gave them a B+ ( poopy heads! ). There's a 'lil pic of " old " Gobo & Boober that I myself haven't seen before.

Anyway, other than Newsweek & Entertainment Weekly, does anyone know if the fraggles have appeared in other recent publications? Being a Fraggle collector dork, I like to add anything I can to my pile of fraggle stuff.

Thanks so much! :smirk:

Nick ( a dork )

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
the folks at EW are total poopy heads! ONLY a B+? *** were they thinking? We need Fraggle exposure in this world!

BJ

freggel

Reaction score
hi, where i can find this review? is it in the internet?
i`m very interested of the old gobo and boober pictures!
can anybody send this pictures?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Foodie said:
They gave them a B+ ( poopy heads! ).
I would have to agree with them. Although the show is awesome, the DVDs were not the best possible. HIT! could have done a better job. (Not merging episodes, adding subtitles, lanuage selection, more/new bonus material, animated menus, more episodes) For a hard-core Fraggle Fan the DVDs were great (anything would have been great for us) and they were well over due, but I would say as DVDs they were not the very best possible; a B+ is a fair grade for them. I'm not saying they are bad DVDs; but they are not "A" quality.

Barney

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Although the show is awesome, the DVDs were not the best possible. HIT! could have done a better job.
Your right. Hit is doing the same with Barney also.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
freggel said:
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/review/dvd/0,6115,1015133_21|105444||0_0_,00.html

if you don't have AOL then type in oscar watch as password

Foodie

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
I would have to agree with them. Although the show is awesome, the DVDs were not the best possible. HIT! could have done a better job. (Not merging episodes, adding subtitles, lanuage selection, more/new bonus material, animated menus, more episodes) For a hard-core Fraggle Fan the DVDs were great (anything would have been great for us) and they were well over due, but I would say as DVDs they were not the very best possible; a B+ is a fair grade for them. I'm not saying they are bad DVDs; but they are not "A" quality.

I guess it depends on what they were actually rating. I kinda took it to mean they were rating the actual episodes. Maybe I'm biased but I really think almost every episodes Fraggle Rock is very well-crafted and well-written. There's not much that could be done to better them.

As for the DVDs, since they're supposedly just to " test the waters ", I think they've got a decent amount of stuff on them, particularly " Dance ". I wish there was a faster way to get to the bonus episode but it's not like it's all that difficult or anything. I could do without the " Pingo " stuff. As long as there's more fraggle DVDs to come, I give them A's.

Nick :smirk:

Foodie

Reaction score
freggel said:

It might be on line. I just bought the magazine. It's just a small picture but it's one I've never seen before. I looks like it may be a behind-the-scenes shot. Boober looks fat. :smirk:

Nick

Foodie

Reaction score
Barney said:
Your right. Hit is doing the same with Barney also.
I think the only way for Barney to get an A is if they digitally add some fraggles into his shows.
:wink:

Nick :smirk: