End of "Friends"

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I watching the finale episode on tape right now,its pretty good so far.I've mostly have seen Friends in syndication. :cool:

Lazy J

Reaction score
what was that song?

Anyone know the name of the song they played at the very end? I think I have heard it before, I dont think It was written for this episode.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The song was "Embryonic Journey" by Jefferson Airplane. It's on the "Worst of Jefferson Airplane" CD.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Although I am sad to see the show go, I was a little dissappointed in the final episode. It was way too predictable and I thought it showed very little imagination in the writing. It was very funny and entertaining but I don't think it really stood out from any other Friends episode, which I believe, as a finale, it should. Perhaps it's because the writing throughout the ten years was always so good and it was hard to top. I don't think it even came close to being as good as the MASH or Cheers finales. Or as imaginitive as the Bob Newhart Show. Perhaps I was expecting it to live up to all the hype it got, which was an impossible task.

P.S. For those that missed it I've heard that NBC is going to show the final three episodes between now and the end of May.

Lazy J

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
The song was "Embryonic Journey" by Jefferson Airplane. It's on the "Worst of Jefferson Airplane" CD.
You ROCK!
I was thinking Zepplin for some reason.
Thanks again

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I would like to see it...hopefully it does rerun.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I loved it. Didn't think anything has been too tired lately as far as material and acting performances. Haven't missed a single episode ever, and I'm really glad they gave fans just what we wanted, a happy ending!~even though it was really saddish.

I too, can't wait to see "Joey".

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I would like to see it...hopefully it does rerun.
Well sarah you can own it this coming tuesday on dvd at your local store.

I've only watched Friends a few times here and there. I watched the last few episodes of the series and the series finale last night. The finale was good.

*Here's when i get low and dirty on this show!....So did anybody see all the specials NBC was doing. Jay Leno had all the Friends stars last night on his show and did he show from the Friends show stage. Dateline and other shows were doing hour long look backs on the show and the upcomin spin-off of Joey. And you had people who i'm sure you came across today talking about the series finale last night and the series as a whole.......But what I like to harp about is that there is not a huge publicity going for Frasier. This show has been on the air for 11 years. Kelsey Grammer has been playing the same character for 20 years. But i don't think Fraiser is going to get all the hoopla that Friends is getting.......That really is pretty sad in my opinion and i think Fraiser is a well written funny comedy.

ryan

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
But what I like to harp about is that there is not a huge publicity going for Frasier. This show has been on the air for 11 years. Kelsey Grammer has been playing the same character for 20 years. But i don't think Fraiser is going to get all the hoopla that Friends is getting.......That really is pretty sad in my opinion and i think Fraiser is a well written funny comedy.
Frasier is getting the Dateline retrospective treatment on Tuesday next week. However, there's several reasons why its finale hasn't been as hyped as Friends.

First, Friends was always more of a "water cooler" type show--the kind of thing people would talk about in their office the next day. I don't think Frasier had the same buzz around it.

Second, Frasier didn't seem to be as popular the last few seasons as it was in its prime. I'm not sure what the recent ratings were, but they HAD to have been down compared to when it was on Thursdays. Friends was still a ratings power when it came to a close.

Finally, Friends generally appeals to a younger demographic (thus more ad dollars for NBC). Who knows how many dorm room TVs were tuned in every Thursday?

Anyway, I agree that Frasier was a good show. I didn't watch much of the past five seasons or so, but the few episodes I caught were entertaining. The early episode with Frasier's gay station manager is one of the top ten single episodes in sitcom history--just hilariously done.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I loved it. Funny, sad , funny and sad. Since everyone here has told most of the funny parts mine would be that Pheebe and her Taxi is my favoirte part of the whole and the Duck and Chick. Love it. I cried at the very end. I"LL MISS U FRIENDS!!!!! *start sobbing again* :cry:

I'm glad they do have the DVD sets. Have the first 2.