Empire acquires rights to Jim Henson screenplay

What do you think of Empire acquiring the rights to the Henson screenplay?

• The movie is a great idea. I hope that it gets produced.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • I'm concerned that it can be done well and will honor Jim.

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • It's not worth doing if either Disney or Sesame don't support the movie.

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • I don't want to see it. Hollywood will likely misrepresent Jim’s life.

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters

Puckrox

Reaction score
You don't have anything to worry about, this movie isn't happening. At least I'm sure it isn't.
Hmmm... maybe I should start working on a script now... Guess I better get my hands on a couple biographies! :big_grin:

unclematt

Reaction score
Why isn't this script happening? Why wouldn't Disney want to do this?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Why isn't this script happening? Why wouldn't Disney want to do this?
If you read the script, or even a good review of it, then you'll realise exactly why it isn't happening. The thing is a complete misrepresentation of Jim's life.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ack! There goes one of my dreams. I'm looking at writing screenplays once I'm out of college, and while I'm not a fan of writing biopics, I was honestly considering writing one for Jim Henson. I guess the world just beat me to it.
Don't let it stop you. You could very well write a GOOD one! :sing:

If you read the script, or even a good review of it, then you'll realise exactly why it isn't happening. The thing is a complete misrepresentation of Jim's life.
To elaborate, the only info added into the film was taken from bits of wikipedia (and doubtful it was Muppet Wiki), and generic biopic nonsense polluted the project. Over all, I get out of it wasn't that Jim should have been a bigger hit than what he was, but that Jim was a failure, even when he had a success on his hands. And a dismal atmosphere permeated the entire project rife with dark, unfunny, depressing cutscenes that look like Robot Chicken sketches written to be dramatic. If he was going with comedy with a diabetic Fozzie and a morbidly depressed Kermit living in a flophouse, then that guy has some borderline disturbing thoughts of what's humorous. Not that I can't appreciate dark comedy, but there's a difference. Dark comedy is STILL supposed to be comedic. Charlie Brown getting frustrated and kicking Lucy's head off? Dark Comedy. Charlie Brown ending it all? That's just dark.

And the worst part is the writer is defending the project, saying something to the extent of , OH! It's like Being John Malkovich! It's supposed to be like Being John Malkovich. No, it's ugly depressing Oscar bait, because we all know the only intellectual artistic feeling to feel is constant depression and misery.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Don't let it stop you. You could very well write a GOOD one! :sing:
All righty! God knows if I do ever attempt to write about Henson, I would try to be as accurate as humanly possible. He had such an amazing life as it was, why bother tweaking it? :smile:

Puckrox

Reaction score
Why, to sucker them into giving it an Oscar, of course!

And we all know how Oscar loves terrible movies! :grouchy:
Not gonna lie, this made me "lol". I laughed out loud, quite literally. :insatiable:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Why, to sucker them into giving it an Oscar, of course!

And we all know how Oscar loves terrible movies! :grouchy:
Wow, is it sad that I didn't notice this joke until the next day? Lol, very nice!